Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone do the Georgetown Open House?  (Read 1062 times)

The Spanish Teacher

• It's been so long....
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone do the Georgetown Open House?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:56:01 PM »
i also enjoyed the financial aid presentation.  the guy was a straight-shooter. his answers were helpful and i know if i ever have any questions or concerns, his office can clear it all up.

as for the rest of the weekend, i thought it was just ok. i'm looking forward to starting their in the fall as gulc was/is my first choice, but i don't think they did a great job of selling the place (although the free coffee mug and pleather portfolio were nice).

i sat in on a property class with a friend who is a 1L.  i didn't really understand a whole lot of the discussion.  i did observe everyone on the internet, email or IM. there was a really positive vibe in the classroom though.  all the students seemed very congenial.
Attending GULC in Fall '06

erox

• Sr. Citizen
  • no more burning man for erox....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:41 PM »
I went and I loved it! It just felt really comfortable and all the students seemed happy and were friendly. I spoke to one of the professors before the event and I really liked what he had to say about the school, programs, resources, etc. I also liked the city a lot more than I thought I would....that might have had something to do with the ridiculously nice weather though....

I am sorry to say that I slept through the Financial Aid presentation (I was a little jetlagged). Any pearls of wisdom that I can't get online? Anything that stood out to any of you? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I think the location is key, depending on what type of law you like. I am very into Int'l law and public sector work, so I don't think I can pass up the chance to be in DC for law school. I am doing the dual degree program with GPPI (MA in Int'l policy and development). A friend of mine who just graduated from GPPI and knows many students who attend/attended the law school said I will feel "like a kid in a candy shop" with all the excellent and interesting job and internship opportunities posted at the school. I also love the B curriculum option.

I have such a crush on GULC.  :-* I am looking at Boalt and UCLA this weekend, but unless anything drastic happens, I will probably be attending GULC in the fall. I am so excited!!!!!

GULC 1L
JD/MPP (Int'l Policy and Development)

andyg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 10:51:17 PM »
i went and had a great time.  beforehand, i was vacillating between gw full-time and gtown part-time. 

I was also leaning b/w GW and gtown beforehand, but now I am pretty strongly in favor of georgetown. The difference between their 2 financial aid presenations was very telling. The GW one the staffer was boarderline rude and was not very forthcoming. At the georgetown one (one of the best i have seen) he seemed genuinly interested in helping the students get on the right financial footing, and gave candid answers. The georgetown facilities are great, and I don't really have a problem with the immediate area, as it has greatly improved and will continue to do so.
Georgetown 2009!

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 09:09:29 AM »
i went and had a great time.  beforehand, i was vacillating between gw full-time and gtown part-time. 

I was also leaning b/w GW and gtown beforehand, but now I am pretty strongly in favor of georgetown. The difference between their 2 financial aid presenations was very telling. The GW one the staffer was boarderline rude and was not very forthcoming. At the georgetown one (one of the best i have seen) he seemed genuinly interested in helping the students get on the right financial footing, and gave candid answers. The georgetown facilities are great, and I don't really have a problem with the immediate area, as it has greatly improved and will continue to do so.

very true.  the gw fin. aid session didn't tell me anything i didn't already know.  i've decided that gtown is it. 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell