Law School Discussion

TheI "Cant Believe There Isnt a Sopranos Thread" Thread

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
Re: TheI "Cant Believe There Isnt a Sopranos Thread" Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 06:56:43 AM »
they didnt show it happening thank god.  I dont know who the fat guys was.  I think he was some random made guy from phil's crew who was giving Jersey a cut of some endeavor.  He started cracking jokes about Vito and form what it looked like Silvio hit him over the head with a dustbuster and jumped on his back while the older guy, I cant remember his named stabbed him like 6 times with a huge knife.  It was pretty graphic actually

paulie?

no it wasnt paulie...he isnt a very regular regular

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2006, 06:58:36 AM »
yeh 8 more next season

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »
Last night's episode was a disgrace.  Vito was whacked as freaking exactly predicted and half the show was devoted to Carmela's ridiculous trip to Paris.  No follow-up on story lines - the terrorists, the Russians, Carmela's suspicions about Adriana's death.  Why were we forced to watch the romance of Vito and his boyfriend?  Was there a point!!?  Anthony is lazy... WHO CARES!!!??  The writers have gone mad, i tell you, and quite frankly i'm ecstatic it's almost over. 

I can't seem to stop watching though, so I have to give the producers credit for that... or should I curse them for it!!? 

krumanadi

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »
The point of the Vito thing is what the aftermath is..

Might be a war now.

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »

Might be a war now.

exactly

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »
Might be a war now.
exactly

I understand, and this is, indeed, an interesting unresolved thread in the plot.  However, my beef with the season is that the imminent war is the ONLY interesting thread that remains.  Also, they only deal with this issue for like 30% of the episodes and waste too much time on utter rubbish... (anthony's laziness, carmela's contract thing, those bloody awful psychiatrist visits, relationship problems with Fin.. etc, etc, freaking etc.)  Who remembers Chris going to Hollywood to try to produce the movie?  What happened with that? NOTHING!!  The terrorists?  NOTHING!!!  Could there have been a more boring end to Johnny Sach's incarceration?  Also, to this point, those time-consuming illusions Tony had while on his death bed were not expanded on and it hardly appears they will be..

WHY DO I WATCH THIS SHOW!!!??? 

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 11:00:50 AM »
you sound like my SO  :D he still wont let go the Russians in the woods unresolved plot line! good points...

krumanadi

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »
David Chase said in the past that not all storylines have endings.. Remember the time you broke your neighbors window?  Well every so often the neighbor doesn't find out/doesn't do anything..  Life is full of unresolved storylines, and that is why Chase included it in the show.. Also it makes for a good means to surprise us, when we dont know what storylines will be resolved or unresolved..

phooey

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »
Didn't see last night's episode- I'm not watching it anymore.

Remember how good The Sopranos used to be?  sigh....

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »
Didn't see last night's episode- I'm not watching it anymore.

Remember how good The Sopranos used to be?  sigh....

IMO, last night's was the worst Sopranos episode EVER (consider yourself lucky).  Yeah, it used to be amazing... the episode with the soccer coach was my all-time favorite.  Could you imagine the scriptwriters producing a one-espisode saga like that again?