Law School Discussion

TheI "Cant Believe There Isnt a Sopranos Thread" Thread

phooey

Re: TheI "Cant Believe There Isnt a Sopranos Thread" Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 06:44:59 PM »
I haven't seen the new one yet!  I have a tape of it ready to go for tonight, though.  I'll check back in.

I've said it before though...Paulie is dead meat, that much I know.  He's losing it. 
And I agree with the poster who said Tony will have to choose between the two and pick his real family...all these good/evil duality and redemption undercurrents have to lead somewhere.  The Vito stuff is just filler...and I still think the episode with Paulie and ChristophUH in the woods was funnier than the one from two weeks ago.  Just personal taste I guess.  All those lame gay jokes reminded me of Will and Grace.

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 07:00:09 PM »
Well... it wasnt the worst episode ever, but i've noticed that the Soprano  scriptwriters generally shy away from pushing the envelope too far.  How awesome would it have been if Anthony actually stabbed Junior?  What if he did it and then ran away?... or if he was arrested and faced trial while Tony had to do whatever possible to get him aquitted?... I dunno, I figure that since this is allegedly the last season - why not go crazy?  The season finale will probably climax with Vito capped... how boring.

In any event, the sexual sideplots were fantastic - the realestate owner; boy does Tony have game.  Vito with the biker dude.. haha.  And was that girl actually blowing Anthony's friend on the couch?

Maybe you should stick to watching soap operas.

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

In essence, Sopranos really is just a glorified soap opera, albeit with superior acting, directing, and, of course, adult content to appease your machismo, I presume.  And don't tell me they can't throw drastic turns in the story line because that element was at the heart of the first two seasons... but has been missing since.     

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2006, 12:54:17 AM »

In essence, Sopranos really is just a glorified soap opera, albeit with superior acting, directing, and, of course, adult content to appease your machismo, I presume.  And don't tell me they can't throw drastic turns in the story line because that element was at the heart of the first two seasons... but has been missing since.     

I sure as hell don't remember any killing sprees of major characters during those first two seasons.

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 05:46:42 AM »
I loved seeing adrianna get capped, that was the best execution...big female private part's was pretty good too

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 06:43:31 AM »
So there are going to be 8 more episodes after this season, eh? 

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2006, 06:48:11 AM »
yeh he got pulverized by Phil and his boys and a pool cue shoved up his ass

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2006, 06:53:18 AM »
I can't wait until they knock off Phil, it's been long overdue.

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »
they didnt show it happening thank god.  I dont know who the fat guys was.  I think he was some random made guy from phil's crew who was giving Jersey a cut of some endeavor.  He started cracking jokes about Vito and form what it looked like Silvio hit him over the head with a dustbuster and jumped on his back while the older guy, I cant remember his named stabbed him like 6 times with a huge knife.  It was pretty graphic actually

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2006, 06:56:11 AM »
there are going to be 8 more