Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone ever heard of a law school revoking an admissions offer?  (Read 934 times)

tcs5384

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm just curious about this... my second semester grades aren't going to be great, though in the whole scheme my overall GPA probably won't go below a 3.4.  But, has anyone ever heard of a law school revoking an offer of admission based on senior year grades?  (Not "senior year grades so bad that the person doesn't even graduate," just somebody who had a 2.5 or so.)

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Anyone ever heard of a law school revoking an admissions offer?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:00:38 AM »
doubtful

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:20:52 AM »
i think the senior slide is pretty common.  if you graduate, you should be cool.  just don't get any DUIs.   :D
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:14:53 AM »
I haven't heard of an offer of admission being rescinded, but I do know that scholarships can be. Temple said in their acceptance that their scholarship offer was contingent on my current GPA, and should it drop (I'm guessing considerably), so would their offer.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

rubberbandman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »
I read a story a while back about a graduate student who was accepted to law school and had his offer revoked.  Though, I believe he was indicted on murder charges...oh well.

John Galt

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:01:08 PM »
berkeley says they'll do it in their admit letter. Other than that, highly doubtful.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 11:32:50 PM »
Once you are in, the law schools generally likes to keep you.  And once you start classes, you would have to commit a serious crime to get kicked out because my law school reminds us that every year 1,2, or 3 of the 600 students will get a DUI, and cause themselves a lot of future trouble with the bar, that said, once you are in school, even a DUI won't get you kicked out.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School