;

Author Topic: Hiya!  (Read 628 times)

Fidelio

Hiya!
« on: April 02, 2006, 07:52:39 PM »
Work full time (45-55 hours a week)

Married

Gonna be a part time 1L coming fall  ;D

Who wants to share their game plans for PT Law school / FT work here?

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hiya!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:18:51 PM »
I'm married, mother of 2, working 20 hours a week (as that's all the ABA will allow me as a fulltime student, and UNL doesn't have a PT program). I'll also be commuting 45 miles each way every day to get from home to school and back.

My plan is to set up a pretty rigid study schedule and stick to it faithfully. That way I can schedule time to kick back and relax with the kids and not have school hanging over my head. Also, I'm hoping to hook into a strong study group of similar students who are driven to compress as much work into every moment as possible.

I guess my overall plan is to maximize every moment I spend on school related stuff so that I can really cut loose in the off time.

Best of luck to you!

Danni

Fidelio

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:40:54 PM »
Hey Thanks!

That is quite a commute, I thought my commute (25 miles) would look daunting.

Have you thought of taping audio sessions and listening to stuff while you drive?

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »
I had planned to use a digital voice recorder, then download the files onto the laptop-convert them to MP3s and move them to the ipod to listen to as I commute (where I'd suffer the prof's voice through my car's sound system for ages everyday!) but the school I'll be attending doesn't typically allow a lot of taping. Because it's so heavily focused on Socratic methods, it would be an infringement on classmates who are taped without their consent. Which stinks, but I can certainly see the reasoning there.

So it looks like the commute will just be "refocusing child free" time. Oh, and time to blow the speakers out.