Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: :)  (Read 20814 times)

LawSchool2009

• AOL Instant Messenger - BruinBlues
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at Loyola-LA
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
I love the way this guy's interrogating you  :D.

Funny stuff.

Here on LSD, we just know stuff.  Yuep.  I've heard they are full too (pt), if that helps any.

Right, we all get our information from different sources... and we bring it here... but asking for the exact source can be giving away too much about OURSELVES  ;)
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lawschool09

Jhain03

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
Not sure how my questions add up to an interrogation - sorry if questions make you uncomfortable.  This is just something that has been on my mind, and I suspect the minds of a lot of other people on this stream, and knowing if information such as what you put out is valid is something of great importance to me. 

After all, it would not be unheard of for someone to put something out there like that just so other people give up on Loyola and accept an offer of admission from another school - therefore freeing up space at Loyola for the person putting out the information.

Reveal your sources.....Did not realize we were dealing with matters of national security.  If you information is correct, thanks for putting it out there.  If it is made up, then you are an a-hole.

LawSchool2009

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
Not sure how my questions add up to an interrogation - sorry if questions make you uncomfortable.  This is just something that has been on my mind, and I suspect the minds of a lot of other people on this stream, and knowing if information such as what you put out is valid is something of great importance to me. 

After all, it would not be unheard of for someone to put something out there like that just so other people give up on Loyola and accept an offer of admission from another school - therefore freeing up space at Loyola for the person putting out the information.

Reveal your sources.....Did not realize we were dealing with matters of national security.  If you information is correct, thanks for putting it out there.  If it is made up, then you are an a-hole.

I guess only time will tell... I never said "give up"... but if you took it as such, then whatever... I said plan on other schools because we should have a back up plan if we are WL, personally I think it would dumb to bank on a WAIT-LIST, call me crazy but I don't equal WAIT-LIST with ACCEPTANCEs and in your case that you hace to move ACROSS the country then it might be a good idea to have a Plan B and if you didnt read the other posts, other people have been given the same info as me... Loyola is FULL.

You asked a question, we answered it... we won't give you the source because we don't have to... if thinking I lied just for the sake of giving yourself hope, then so be it... whatever helps you sleep at night.  ;)

Good Luck  ;)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2006, 06:53:50 PM »
I dropped off the waitlist for LLS too - but still read this thread, so you're not alone  ;)  If it makes anyone feel any better - UCLA is "over-enrolled" according to their admissions office - and that's a bit worse than just "full" at LLS...  so have hope!  8)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »
I dropped off the waitlist for LLS too - but still read this thread, so you're not alone  ;)  If it makes anyone feel any better - UCLA is "over-enrolled" according to their admissions office - and that's a bit worse than just "full" at LLS...  so have hope!  8)

over enrolled....you would think by now they had the formula down in figuring how many will not accept the offer and what not
USD Law grad

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calvintomyhobbes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:18 PM »
We look forward to your enrollment to Loyola Law School in August, 2006.

It has come to our attention that a few of our confirmed students may have paid seat deposits to at least one other school.  Through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), we have access to overlap reports that allow us to assess the number of deposit overlaps Loyola has with other institutions.

We recognize that your enrollment choice requires a careful evaluation process, but we encourage you to inform us if you do not plan to attend this fall or to notify the other institution you have submitted a deposit that you do not plan to enroll.   Our waitlist candidates are anxiously awaiting a final decision and your confirmation directly affects our ability to manage this pool.  We hope that you are mindful of these other applicants, and notify schools of your final decision as soon as possible.  (If you are committed to more than one institution and you would like additional information regarding Loyola, please let me know.)

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Just got this email today, so hopefully some more people'll drop, and move the waitlist.

LawSchool2009

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »
We look forward to your enrollment to Loyola Law School in August, 2006.

It has come to our attention that a few of our confirmed students may have paid seat deposits to at least one other school.  Through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), we have access to overlap reports that allow us to assess the number of deposit overlaps Loyola has with other institutions.

We recognize that your enrollment choice requires a careful evaluation process, but we encourage you to inform us if you do not plan to attend this fall or to notify the other institution you have submitted a deposit that you do not plan to enroll.   Our waitlist candidates are anxiously awaiting a final decision and your confirmation directly affects our ability to manage this pool.  We hope that you are mindful of these other applicants, and notify schools of your final decision as soon as possible.  (If you are committed to more than one institution and you would like additional information regarding Loyola, please let me know.)

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Just got this email today, so hopefully some more people'll drop, and move the waitlist.

Grendel you just gave me HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And put a big ass smile on my face  ;D (bigger than that!!!)
Thanks for sharing this with us!!!! High 5!!!

dudette26

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »
***Our waitlist candidates are anxiously awaiting a final decision***

i feel like this is an understatement, but at least there is sympathy!

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »
Or they're reading the message boards!  ;D
Vanderbilt 2010

LawSchool2009

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2006, 01:51:36 AM »
***Our waitlist candidates are anxiously awaiting a final decision***

i feel like this is an understatement, but at least there is sympathy!

Haha, I agree!!! I was thinking, " 'anxiously awaiting??' are you kiddin me??' "

----------------------

I don't know if its so much our boards that they read or the fact that most of us consistently call/email/visit/stalk... hahaha... whatever it is, hopefully it will work for us  ;)