Author Topic: .  (Read 1637 times)

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RUSS FEINGOLD IS A FINE AMERICAN
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 10:44:45 PM »
You think he'll represent the Democratic ticket?

nope, probably not.  too independent minded.

Sadly I don't think he has much of a shot. That said, I think we should nominate him and run with him like he's a sure thing. To hell with competing for the presidency, the Democratic party needs to show the American people that it still stands for something.

I couldn't disagree more, politics is not about standing for something, its about staying in office.  I could care less if the democrats stand for "something" whatever that something is, lets just win some elections, what good will standing for something do?  Honestly, even if you won by standing for something in an election, it wouldn't help you make tough decisions once you were office.  Democrats should run Wesley Clark or antoehr democrat who could win an election.

Um, what good will winning elections do if you don't stand for anything?

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 10:46:51 PM »
Um, what good will winning elections do if you don't stand for anything?

kickbacks.

Good point. 

And here I thought it was about making the world a better more beautiful, loving and just place.....

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »
you take a firm stance on an issue-so what, within a couple years the most pressing issue of today are in the background.  Besides and most importantly, issues aren't black and white, 99% of time both sides of an issue have some merit-by taking a firm stance you limit your options.  Somebody please list  a few issues you want the democrats to take a stand on- I bet I could counter you by pointing out both sides have sides have some merit on the issue or that there is no practicable way to implement you stance as good as it sounds.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

ADM

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ninjasinpyjamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »
Offshore tax shelters.

nesnut

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law School is thiiiiiiiis big!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 05:15:40 AM »
you take a firm stance on an issue-so what, within a couple years the most pressing issue of today are in the background.  Besides and most importantly, issues aren't black and white, 99% of time both sides of an issue have some merit-by taking a firm stance you limit your options.  Somebody please list  a few issues you want the democrats to take a stand on- I bet I could counter you by pointing out both sides have sides have some merit on the issue or that there is no practicable way to implement you stance as good as it sounds.

here's one: independent investigative commissions.  Why are Republicans consistently against them, especially with regards to campaign financing, the war on terror, Katrina, and the war in iraq?
- P-dub Club: Minister of Entertainment & Recreation
 - Keeper of the Konami Code
 - Co-Founder & Supreme Chancellor: Kick Ass 80s Law Firm: The Law Offices of KTJA & Nesnut,  APC
 - Official Rant-Master of LSD
 - Head of Harem (per Lily)
 - Official Purveyor of Soup of the Revolution

SCgrad

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 05:45:43 AM »

here's one: independent investigative commissions.  Why are Republicans consistently against them, especially with regards to campaign financing, the war on terror, Katrina, and the war in iraq?

probably because clinton was mutilated by an "independent" investigation.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »
good point. hung jury.

try get mind out of gutter.

Fidelio

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
not be naive.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
You'll should spend your time on more profitable endeavors; you're going to lose anyway. Just be happy and let it go.  ;)
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 10:57:16 PM »
hey--let's spend all our time worrying about how gay marriage ruin america!