Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ST JOHNS  (Read 21344 times)

kfen

• View Profile
Re: ST JOHNS
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
Its funny you guys mention Iguanas..I lived in tharea for 4 years while I went to school...My girlfriend and I would go there all the time, and get the chimichangas sp?...The thing is though, we always seemed to be 2 of about 4 people ever in the resturant! How is it so famous all the sudden?
What do you guys think of SJU compared to Seton Hall? ...

St. John's is supersweet.

I am tempted to come to Iguana's, how are their burritos?

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2006, 06:22:53 PM »
I don't know anything abt. Iguanas...

Didn't Seton Hall leapfrog SJ in the rankings this year? My (limited) sense is that Seton Hall would be a better choice if you wanted to work in NJ, SJU is better for nyc. I'm from NJ, and wasn't interested in going to ls in newark, so I didn't do much research on it. Doesn't it have a good helathcare law program?
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

PetetheDrummer

• AOL Instant Messenger - PetetheDrummer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2006, 08:15:28 PM »
Can't say i've ever been to Iguanas, but I have a feeling I'll be going there in 3 weeks or so once I move in

krumanadi

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2006, 07:31:26 AM »
How was Europe Birdman?

Still here..;)

Its going real well, except for the fact that the Euro is the devil.. Im pretty much in budget mode for the rest of the trip.. 

I dont know that much about iguanas myself, but I remember heasring a bunch of UGs talking about it and that it was a good bar..

Catch ya guys hopefully for a SJU-Queens LSDfest in a couple weeks.

Croobug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2006, 02:29:28 AM »
Hey guys...I will be going to St Johns Law School FT, section B.  Does anyone know when we will get our list of text books for this semester?

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks...

Hi!  I'm in B too.  They just put the booklists up today.  You have to go to the bookstore link through the St. John's website.  It's confusing though because they didn't put up section letters for each course, just a 5-digit number.  I called and got the numbers for B, so if you want them I can send them to you.  I bought most of my books on half.com and spent $400.

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2006, 12:48:41 PM »
gr8. thanks for the info. i am on it!

SJU 09

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2006, 01:01:12 PM »
Hey guys...I will be going to St Johns Law School FT, section B.  Does anyone know when we will get our list of text books for this semester?

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks...

Hi!  I'm in B too.  They just put the booklists up today.  You have to go to the bookstore link through the St. John's website.  It's confusing though because they didn't put up section letters for each course, just a 5-digit number.  I called and got the numbers for B, so if you want them I can send them to you.  I bought most of my books on half.com and spent $400.

Huh. I just got the #s from the school, and none of them correspond to anything on the bookstore website. Can you maybe offer a little more guidance on how you figured it out? There are only 7 or so courses listed under law so far for fall 2006, and none of them correspnd to the course numbers...

SJU 09

Croobug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2006, 01:16:35 PM »
I was confused at first too.  After you select the Queens campus, it will ask what department.  This is whatever the course name is.  It then asks the course and you have to pick a number. I'll list them because I think everyone's is the same for these two.

CIVL-1000 - Civil Procedure
BUSI-1090 - Contracts
LGMT-1000 - Intro to Law
LRWR-1030 - Legal Research and Writing
PROP-1020 - Property
TORT-1010 - Torts

Then after you punch those in you have to choose your section, which is the numbers you got from the bookstore.  It's three weeks away and my brain already hurts. 

For any B's, our numbers are:
Civ - 72774
Contracts - 72717
Intro - 72721 (No books listed)
Research (B-2)- 72737
Property (B-1)- 72727
Torts - 72728

Good Luck!
-Krissie

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2006, 01:27:28 PM »
Funny. That's the info I had as well, but on the library page, but the only courses listed are these:
check it out. The only thing I can think is that maybe the dept. is not LAW?

Figgered it out.

The depts are LRWR for legal writing, BUSI for contracts, etc.

Whew. Law skool is hard!  :P

SJU 09

Croobug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2006, 04:12:40 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to add that the law school books are not categorized under LAW.  They obviously have some sort of genius working that thing because only a highly sophisticated mind would organize it like that.