Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ST JOHNS  (Read 21050 times)

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ST JOHNS
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »
i'll also be going to st johns. 

sadly i havent been able to attend any events.  but i did go on a tour with an admissions office chick and it was arite.  they have another open house on jun8th...cna't make that either. 

hopefully this thread can remain useful instead of serving as a forum for stupid bickering.

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »
I'm either going to BLS PT or SJU PT.  I'm transferring my acceptance to SJU from FT to PT, so once I know how much of the scholarship will transfer I'll make my final decision.

I thought you were going to Miami. I guess you've decided to keep working through school.

Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2006, 03:03:39 AM »
best to say in NYC where its awesome anywa

she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »
I'm either going to BLS PT or SJU PT.  I'm transferring my acceptance to SJU from FT to PT, so once I know how much of the scholarship will transfer I'll make my final decision.

I thought you were going to Miami. I guess you've decided to keep working through school.

I tried to quit my job and my employer offered me a PT position and 10k a year towards PT law school.

Too good to pass up.

Yeah. You could come out of this debt free. Not too bad.

SJU 09

krumanadi

« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2006, 01:40:57 AM »

I tried to quit my job and my employer offered me a PT position and 10k a year towards PT law school.

Too good to pass up.

Thats a pretty sweet situation..  If everythings equal are you taking BLS or SJU?

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »
SJU is giving me 15k a year for part time.  BLS is giving me zero.

Oddly, I still want to go to BLS, but I don't think I can pass up SJU with the $$$.

Welcome to the club. I actually liked it better than Brooklyn. You've been to visit, right?

SJU 09

MyNameHere

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2006, 08:55:36 PM »
I just finished my 1L at St. John's (should be working on the writing competition, but I'm taking a brain break), and while I don't know much about it (not really being interested in the program), I know St. John's is well known for its Bankruptcy LLM, so with your background, maybe that's something that would interest you, J_ngle Dave.

Good luck.

drlovebug

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2006, 11:22:56 PM »
1L at St. Johns...how does the scheduling work for 1Ls?...like 5 days of class, or 4 or 3 or whatever...and what do most kids do during their time between classes?

Thanks a lot.

I would love to hear everything about the school!  i was accepted recently and it is now high on my list...   

Are there nice places to live by campus?

Do any students commute from Manhatten? 

Competitive atmosphere? etc etc
2L

krumanadi

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2006, 12:51:51 AM »
1L at St. Johns...how does the scheduling work for 1Ls?...like 5 days of class, or 4 or 3 or whatever...and what do most kids do during their time between classes?

Thanks a lot.

I would love to hear everything about the school!  i was accepted recently and it is now high on my list...   

Are there nice places to live by campus?

Do any students commute from Manhatten? 

Competitive atmosphere? etc etc

I went there for UG and I am going for LS, so I can only answer your first question.  SJU is in Jamaica Estates, which is a nice place, but expensive.  There are other neighborhoods surrounding SJU that are nice and less expensive, but you would probably need a car to live there..  Also, SJU has some housing available for grad students, which I hear are pretty nice.

As for as the competitive atmosphere, I couldn't know, but I hear that it isn't nearly as bad as some schools..

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2006, 01:15:08 PM »
Kew Gardens is nice and only a couple stops away.

I'm trying to lock down a 1BR for 1k/month right now.

Wish me luck.

SJU 09