Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New York City Marathon, November 2006. Who's doing it?  (Read 562 times)

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: New York City Marathon, November 2006. Who's doing it?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »
Yeah, the 7 hour finishers get the same medal as the winners...that's my kind of sport! 

(and to wax cheesy for a second: really, what other sport allows regulars schnooks to line up at the same event with the elites?  They may finish before I hit the halfway mark, but we're still out there together!)

I did my first one just to finish, and it took me over six hours.  And I had a great time and was very very proud.  Since then I've shaved almost two full hours off my time.  But NYC is so crazy and crowded and colorful, AND it's a pretty challenging course...no one runs a personal best in NYC anyway.  It's definitely a race to just have fun with. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 12:06:24 PM »
Hey, finishers get to brag.  Period.  Doesn't matter how long you took.

I've read that less than 1% of the population will ever start a marathon...can't credit the source or validity of that statistic, but the point is that not many people even attempt what you're going to do. 

One of my favorite pointless statistics ever is that less than 1% attempt marathons, and something like 3% of the population are natural redheads.  I'm the ultimate URM!  Marathon-running redheads unite!
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

2Legit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 12:21:48 PM »
I'd love to run the marathon someday, hopefully in the next year or two. I started running a year ago and absolutely love it, but I don't think I'm ready for a marathon yet. If anyone's interested in training, I'd be happy to meet up, just don't expect me to be there this November!  ;D
In: Cardozo, Fordham, U Mich, Cornell
Out: Columbia, Penn, NYU
Waitlist: Northwestern

lsatflunkie

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »
It's November in NYC.  The weather is never good.   ;)

Last year it was so unseasonably hot we were all hallucinating.  Two years ago they froze their nuts off.  You can't win. 

The weather can be miserable...it's still the NYC Marathon.  !!!

NY's weather is as unpredictable as New Yorkers  :D

i resemble that remark!