Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many of you are married?  (Read 2292 times)

littlealligator

• View Profile
Re: How many of you are married?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 03:10:34 PM »

[/quote]
Yep.  That's what the post requests by the title.  The single folks will most likely skip past this thread.  It is kind of funny that the OP basically wants to know the reverse, of how many single people will be in Law School.
[/quote]

By requesting those that are married to post, I am assuming those that don't post aren't married. They may not be single, but they haven't yet committed to a family. It will a little awkard and cumbersome to change the post title to be "any one out there not married, but not dating, or talking to someone?"

jakeb1881

• Sr. Citizen
  • The board's newest Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
Married AND attending a Southern school.
Attending:  Vanderbilt Law Class of '09

GPA: 3.67
LSAT: 166

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jakeb1881

thelynifer

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not as easy as it looks.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LYN581
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:20 PM »
I'm not married ;) Buuuut, I've got a boyfriend. It's one of those fun on/off things. We'll see how long it will be "on" for this fall...

Poetgrl21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »

I'm getting married next year.  I'm currently 22 years old, but will be 23 by the time I get married. :) However, I think I'm in the minority. For the most part, law school and other graduate students tend to be single (as in not married).  Although the majority of law school students are not "right out of college," most have only worked a couple years before attending law school (I've read the stats are 60/40...waited a few years and right out of college respectively).  But even if they waited a few years, chances are that they are still in their mid to late twenties...many are still in the dating game. 

magnumalv

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »
This should have been a poll.

Southern, 21, not married and not plannin' on it.  :)

ginger329

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »
im not married...but i want to be! hopefully i can find a intellectual, assertive soon to be lawyer that i know can make it into biglaw =)

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 08:58:05 PM »
married and glad because otherwise I wouldn't be going to law school.  Don't worry about going to law school and marriage.  When I stopped looking and worrying about it, I found Mister Right.  And who knows, you might find that us old married folks arent so bad after all, plus we could always have cute sons, daughters, or grandkids you could hook up with.

qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »
not married. 

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »

The average woman gets involved with a man 2 years her senior.  The average law student is 24-25. 

Sweet.  I'm going to be 27 when law school starts, so this should be fish in a barrel.

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »
Yes, but I think the whole fish in the barrel thing is because you are forced to meet a plurality of your classmates in some capacity.  you'll have to work harder for the undergrads.