Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools with lousy web sites make me hesitate...  (Read 4814 times)

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
Re: Schools with lousy web sites make me hesitate...
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »
yeah my safe choice, whittier college, has a mediocre site. I know they just canceled their spring admit because I just spoke to someone on the phone, but I can't find this info on their site...it's aggrivating. I was almost willing to attend this spring just to get a start on school. I guess it is for the best, as I know I can get into a better school...but the waves are sooo good around there. ps whittier ain't so bad- it is better than thomas jefferson, cal western, la verne, western state and golden gate (other cal schools that I am not applying to).
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
I can't belive no one said Indiana U- Bloomington  http://www.law.indiana.edu/ the website looks like it was made in the early 90's and they never updated it. AS opposed to IU- Indy http://indylaw.indiana.edu/ That was the main reason i didn't apply there, and instead to the one in Indianapolis. haha j/k amigos. Still though the website could use some work. Also IMO I think Penn or Temple have really nice websites.  :D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Canuck996

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »
Honestly, look at the BYU website, it is unequivocally the worst website around.
#1 www.law.byu.edu is not the official homepage the homepage is:
http://www.law2.byu.edu/Law_School/
#2 The website is horrendous, and is extremely difficult to find any useful information.

amyt123

• my cute pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »
University of Miami is terrible.  The font is too small and the coloring is horrid.  That's too bad, because it's a top 100 school...

BoscoBreaux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2006, 11:12:44 PM »
Has anybody considered not going to a school because the school has a crappy web site? 

I'm not talking anything severe like blinking neon pink marquees or dancing Lady Justices or anything.  I mean little things like bad links and outdated info.  It gives me a bad vibe-  if they can't get it together enough to hire a webmaster or can't be bothered to update their pages, what else are they letting slip through the cracks?

Remember, up until the 1990s, Mercedes Benz didn't advertise on television or radio. Often times, the splashier the ads, the more competition the school perceives is out there.