Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ........  (Read 7281 times)

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: WTF Duke!?!?!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
if you didn't get one yet, it's not  cuz of distance. (I live in CA) So goodluck!

kapstone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 12:47:57 PM »
nothing yet - but im on the west coast, so id imagine itll be here today or tomorrow.
Hopefully more Sam Seaborn than Richard Nixon....

whitearbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 02:47:25 PM »
At one point, I was more afraid of getting in rather than getting rejected. The tuition/estimated living costs for Duke were ridiculous. Unfortunately, I noticed this after I submitted my app.
Accepted: *W&M$$*, W&L, GWU, GMU, Richmond
Waitlisted: UVA
Rejected: Duke

3.59(3.65 final)/165

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »
so... I decided to call. 

reynolda: "hi it's me, that girl who is still waiting, but now i have to send a seat deposit to another school... so any change in my file status?"
duke: "let me look"  ::looks::  "ah, yes, looks like a letter will be sent today"
reynolda: "great!"... "I know you don't usually give decisions over the phone, but i have to decide whether or not to send a 500 dollar check into another school tomorrow.  duke is my first choice and i'd really rather not waste money i don't have if i don't have to.  it's ok if i'm not admitted, i'd just really like to have this information before making another commitment"
duke:  "sorry we don't give decisions over the phone"
reynolda:  "ok. thank you."

seriously, I know I'm probably not accepted, but this pisses me off.  >:(   >:( >:(
i like complicated :)

incognito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 01:30:37 PM »
Email dean hoye and give him your phone number.  worth a try.
Duke 2009

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
I think everyone who gets accepted gets an e-mail, so it would seem to me that you got waitlisted or rejected. sorry.

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 02:36:25 PM »
I think everyone who gets accepted gets an e-mail, so it would seem to me that you got waitlisted or rejected. sorry.

I think they USED to always get emails, but someone pointed out that they had gone back to accepting via snail mail (the guess was that email acceptance had been for time's sake right before admitted students day).  I'm expecting a waitlist, so it's not a huge deal, it was just not incredibly nice of them. 

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »

I think they USED to always get emails, but someone pointed out that they had gone back to accepting via snail mail (the guess was that email acceptance had been for time's sake right before admitted students day).  I'm expecting a waitlist, so it's not a huge deal, it was just not incredibly nice of them. 

Oh, I know. They are pretty rude. Hopefully, you got an acceptance though. Could you tell nything from the tone of their voice? I have found that I knew when it was an acceptance.

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 02:42:17 PM »

Oh, I know. They are pretty rude. Hopefully, you got an acceptance though. Could you tell nything from the tone of their voice? I have found that I knew when it was an acceptance.

Uh... not really?  Then again, it kinda looks like Duke is basically done accepting people- check LSN- so it's likely not.  Oh well, I'm definitely ok with my other option. 

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 04:50:55 AM »
Since I keep getting PM's about this (thanks for caring though :)!!)-- I explained the situation and did get USC to give me an extension for another week, so now things are fine.  I'm still not pleased with Duke's behavior though...