Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ........  (Read 7113 times)

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Duke!?!?!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
this is torturous. how many people are waiting on Duke? i want to go so desperately and have not heard from them. should i send them an e-mail.

Duke is GOD.

And it seems that we are the collective embodiment of Job right now  :D    :-\
i like complicated :)

JoePa4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »
I sent in a letter last night making my case and begging for decision, and i got it today, in the form of a ding.  Be careful what you wish for.

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »
I sent in a letter last night making my case and begging for decision, and i got it today, in the form of a ding.  Be careful what you wish for.

sorry  :'(

mind if i ask what your #'s were?

thanks

whitearbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:32:30 AM »
Duke finally comes through for me with a ding. I assume that since 'most decisions are made by April 1' if you haven't gotten an e-mail from them accepting or waitlisting you, you might as well assume that you were rejected.

That being said, I really wanted my $82 rejection letter, and I got it yesterday. I love how they tell me that I must be "very disappointed," but well. Not really. Sorta. I wasted $82.
Accepted: *W&M$$*, W&L, GWU, GMU, Richmond
Waitlisted: UVA
Rejected: Duke

3.59(3.65 final)/165

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »
Duke finally comes through for me with a ding. I assume that since 'most decisions are made by April 1' if you haven't gotten an e-mail from them accepting or waitlisting you, you might as well assume that you were rejected.

That being said, I really wanted my $82 rejection letter, and I got it yesterday. I love how they tell me that I must be "very disappointed," but well. Not really. Sorta. I wasted $82.

This may just be my last thread of hope talking... but, Duke definitely has been SLOW this year due (apparently) to admissions personelle turnover-- that clause on the website changed from saying March 1st to April 1st a bit ago, and SO many people still haven't heard from them.  It seems like there should at least be spots on the waitlist to be had for some pretty borderline candidates.  Who knows though, this is probably me just being rather dillusional.   :-[  Ha, and for the record I will be "very disappointed" when I get my letter... I'm sure the wording was for people like me  ;)

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 01:39:12 PM »
I think theyre just being plain slow. I am definetly an auto-reject and I still have not heard.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
163/3.9

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »
i think i am anyways... cuz of the lsat score

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »
just got mine too

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 08:26:41 PM »
I didn't get one.  I'm not sure if this is good.  Maybe it just takes mail longer to get to Michigan?  Or more likely maybe  the'rents haven't checked the mail and emailed me yet.  Study abroad: must wait for someone ELSE to stalk the mailbox for you.  Too bad, too, I'm totally drunk enough to handle rejection right now!   ;D  maybe I should go to bed...