Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone get free laptops?  (Read 726 times)

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone get free laptops?
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »
Michigan State is offering me one. The lady didn't know what kind though. Was curious if anyone else has gotten these kinda offeres from MSU or other schools and if so, what kind of laptop was it? Silly question i know, but I'm curious.......

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone get free laptops?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
I noticed from browsing the profiles on LSN that just about everyone who got admitted to MSU got at least a small scholarship + a free laptop computer...

I know they've been doing this for at least the last couple of years...

Is that where you think you are going to go?

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
Yeah I am leaning that way. It is between them, DePaul, and IU-Indy. I know MSU is "ranked" the lowest, but I think it may be my favorite. I really liek the environment there and I think I would be happy. I have a lot of lawyers in my family so the job stuff is pretty secure regardless of where I go. I'm more interested in the culture of the school as opposed to the ranking. MSU does seem really cool, but I like DePaul a lot also. Not sure yet, I have until April 15 to decide. Where are you going?

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »
That's how I am feeling about Willamette... even though it may not be the best, I really like it.

I want a free laptop!
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 02:34:10 PM »
I have read that Mercer loans students a new laptop that is theirs to keep after they complete the program.
Vanderbilt 2010

buju

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:14:56 PM »
Alabama offers laptops too.  Probably so that you have somewhere to store your 5 free iTunes downloads.  ;D

I shouldn't make fun of them because they've been by far the nicest school this cycle, but the iTunes thing really did make them look desperate.

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »
I wonder if they are good laptops. I just got a decent Toshiba laptop and I'm curious if schools tend to give away some top model Dell or something.......

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »
Yeah I am leaning that way. It is between them, DePaul, and IU-Indy. I know MSU is "ranked" the lowest, but I think it may be my favorite. I really liek the environment there and I think I would be happy. I have a lot of lawyers in my family so the job stuff is pretty secure regardless of where I go. I'm more interested in the culture of the school as opposed to the ranking. MSU does seem really cool, but I like DePaul a lot also. Not sure yet, I have until April 15 to decide. Where are you going?

I'm going to Wayne State...I had planned on applying to Michigan State as well, but their bar passae rates from last year kinda scared me away, though I think last year was just a fluke for them...

I was surprised to see that US News put them in Tier 4 this year...it's doesn't seem justified to me for MSU to be lumped in with some of the other lower-quality schools in Tier 4, like Cooley...but then again, a lot about the US News rankings doesn't make very much sense

Anyway, I've got a pretty good job in the Detroit-area that I want to keep for now so I will be attending Wayne State law school part-time for my first year

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 04:34:09 PM »
Those laptops aren't free.  They are included in the tuition..... >:(
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 04:42:15 PM »
Which ones? The one offered to me is free......