Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson  (Read 2462 times)

TC

• View Profile
Stetson
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »
Anyone planning to attend Stetson this fall? Anyone have any particular thoughts on the school? I plan to attend the Open House on 4/8. I live w/in commuting distance and have to decide between Stetson and Quinnipiac. Please post your mature thoughts.

DisgruntledLegalAssistant

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stetson
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:10:08 PM »
You live within commuting distance from Stetson? 

If you want to be in Florida, take Stetson.  I personally got a wonderful vibe from my visit there and really think that the quality of education, though pricey, is very very good.  I am seriously considering going there over Houston and Penn State (partly because my parents retired on the Gulf Coast and it would be nice to be close to them).  I'm just not sold on Quinnipiac at all.  I think that Stetson has a much better grasp on a solid legal market (Tampa) than does Quinnipiac on, well, anyplace.

TC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:20:56 PM »
Yes. I live about 20 miles north of Gulfport. I am leaning toward Stetson at this point. I really would like to be a trial attorney and their current #1 ranking in trial advocacy is appealing to me.
Quinnipiac is an also-ran because I am from that area and still have plenty of family there.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:15:23 PM »
I live near Stetson as well. I am not interested in staying in Florida, so it does not suit my needs. However, I have only heard great things from people in the area about their experiences at Stetson. It's a solid choice in central Florida and well respected in the state. 

rugger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
i would take stetson over quinipiac because stetson has a great longstanding local reputation, a strong alumni, and a firm grasp on the market down there
Stetson Fall 2006

calamari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 05:41:50 PM »
Could anyone who attends tomorrow's Open House at Stetson offer their impressions / reviews?  Or if anyone already has visited the school / location, please offer your insight. Thanks!

cayberr

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 06:42:22 PM »
Yes. I live about 20 miles north of Gulfport. I am leaning toward Stetson at this point. I really would like to be a trial attorney and their current #1 ranking in trial advocacy is appealing to me.
Quinnipiac is an also-ran because I am from that area and still have plenty of family there.

If you want to be a trial attorney, then attend Stetson.  I've heard great things about it as well.  Solid rep, well respected.

tclay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »
I have decided to attend Steston, sight unseen.  I've heard that Stetson is in a nice area.  I would like to know what type of area the campus is located in.

calamari

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 10:38:43 PM »
I'm not from Florida and was wondering if anyone familiar with Stetson could offer their impressions / opinions?  Anyone visit the Open House this past weekend?  I was not able to make it...

slp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 09:26:09 AM »
Stetson is a beautiful campus that was once an upscale resort in the 1920's era.  The buildings are stucco with tile top roofs...very Mediterranean.  I thought the Open House was a bit lengthy because some of the information was already mentioned at their law school info day programs.  the room we were in had uncomfortable seats, but generally  it was a positive experience.  if your goal is to settle in the area, Stetson is a good choice.  The majority of attorneys I have come into contact with are all Stetson grads and all seem proud that they went to Stetson.  The neighborhood to the south is basically condos and gated community that face the water.  If you go West from the campus, eventually you hit water as well.  The school is located in Gulfport, which is pretty much a laid back seaside town just west of St. Petersburg.  Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.