Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have no life...06 and 07 Ranking Comparison  (Read 6262 times)

lawnecon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I have no life...06 and 07 Ranking Comparison
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:33:17 PM »
Veganchick

I wouldn't worry too much about Pepperdine's rank.  I too was a bit unsettled, but do realize that schools at this tier level are VERY volatile.  Santa Clara was consistently 2nd tier for years and for some reason it fell to third tier last year, only to return.

You're much better off at Pepperdine.  Things to take notice of this year:

Average salary went from $55-80k to $61-105k putting in the ranks of Loyola and San Diego and surpassing Southwestern's salary prospects

Bar passage rate went from 70% to 74% making it the highest in the 2nd Tier for CA

More than likely, I will be attending this Fall.

BTW, did you get an email from them telling you that "theres still time to RSVP for April 7th"?  I RSVP'd a few weeks ago, but I'm thinking they maybe missed my Fax and RSVP card.

I agree regarding the volatility of the rankings - If you look at my excel spreadsheet, you'll see that the chart becomes far more "colorful" the further down you go. In fact, as if to prove what a complete nerd I am (plus I'm posting this on a Friday night!), I created a chart in excel mapping the swings in the rankings, and you see very little movement among the top 50, but significant fluctuations on the lower end.
Villanova Law School Class of '09

"I don't believe in nothing, no more - I'm going to law school!" Jimbo Jones (The Simpsons)

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »
What are the prospects for salary at Wyoming and Denver?

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »
Hey Aaron,

So nice to talk to someone who is in at both Whittier and Pepperdine.  You found some great stats and they made me feel a LOT better.  I think you're right on.  My dilemma as of yesterday is that I didn't get a diversity scholarship, so now I have to figure out how to get enough loans to foot the tab.  My credit is bad, so I can't get a private loan, but I'm hoping those new Cal Grad loans will help.  I'm going to email financial aid, and try to see what to do next...  I'd really like to go there.

As far as signing up for admit day - I tried to, but all that downloaded was an empty page, so there was no where to RSVP. (maybe because I use a MAC  ???)  I called the woman organizing the event twice yesterday, but to no avail.  I'm going to try to RSVP again right now. I got that email - and if you got it too, it sounds like they may not have your RSVP on file...  Hope to see you there!  I'll be the most petite one in the crowd... can't miss me (or perhaps that should be can't find me).  Thanks again for the info!   :D
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

tsteadman

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 07:14:39 PM »
Does anyone have an idea why Denver jumped up so much.  Their bar passage rate was awful and I didn't think their other numbers improved that much.

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 12:12:27 PM »
When I visted Denver last year they said something about the CO bar suddenly getting harder and that fewer UC Boulder students passed as well.  I don't remember much more than that...kind of a foggy memory to begin with...

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »
FYI: I live in Milwaukee, home to Marquette Law.  Interestingly enough, while Marquette has been dropping in rank, no one here cares.  They all just think it is because the need to remodel the building and that's the only reason for the drop.  Kinda interesting, isn't it?

pdiddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 07:17:20 AM »
I also noted the drop in Marquette law, which is a bit surprising.  I don't know what the situation is at the school, in fact I have a friend who is a 2L and seems very happy with the school.  Marquette grads seem to be very strong in Milwaukee and there seems to be a strong alumni network.  However, I find it interesting to note that I was accepted into several schools in the 60s, yet Marquette put my app "on hold" even though I have lived and worked in Milwaukee all my life!  In addition, I also have an 85% chance of admission at Marquette, while the other schools had me at 30-40%, yet I was accepted!  How do you like them apples?

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »
It is truly impossible to fully understand this whole law school admissions process!; Crazy, Insane, not logical yet sometimes suprises us in a good way.  :D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
I still want to know about the salary prospects at Wyo and Denver.

traffic777

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 02:54:32 AM »
"File Not Found"
Where were Seattle U and U of WAshington last year?
3.95/162
137(c), 147(d1)...5months later... low 160s
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=traffic777