Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duquesne  (Read 478 times)

esant

• View Profile
Duquesne
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:12:36 PM »
Anyone hear from Duquesne?

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Duquesne
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 01:55:02 PM »
still waiting on this end...they STILL haven't even requested my report yet and it has been over a month  ??? ??? ???...someone on LSN just got accepted yesterday so maybe things will get moving?

mjfpn6

• View Profile
    • m
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »
I emailed them to check my status, and they finally pulled my Report.  Probally expect a ding in a few week. 

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »
mjfpn6, can I ask when you sent your application in? and did they pull your report as a result of the e-mail or was it just a coincidence that the two occured at the same time?

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
I know that I had my app in by mid Feb and they just pulled my report less than a week ago
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
same here... apparently i got an postcard from them at home like 3 weeks ago saying i was complete and was under review. checked the mail today and got nothing.

i sent out my app on feb. 1st

laxerlager

• AOL Instant Messenger - LaxerLager
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 12:55:43 PM »
mjfpn6, can I ask when you sent your application in? and did they pull your report as a result of the e-mail or was it just a coincidence that the two occured at the same time?

I've been into Duq since like Dec. 1st.  However, they were one of the few schools that I eagerly wanted to pull my report this past fall.  I simply called them and asked if I was complete. That afternoon, they pulled my report on LSDAS.  Might be worth a shot. Good luck, maybe I'll see you in the fall.
-DK

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 01:24:34 PM »
Yea I called yesterday and spoke to Mr. Campion (who actually remembered me and my application- so I guess that was a good sign- or a bad one depending on how you look at it :P) and he said there's a delay with people who submitted their applications at a certain point because despite the national decrease in applicants, Duq has actually had a HUGE upturn in the amount of students applying there so as a result things are rather backed up. This also explains why they've adopted the "batching" system I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I sent in my application the last week in February and he said my report will be requested this week so there should be a decision on my file by either late next week or early the week after.

esant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »
I sent my app in around beginning of March and they requested my report on the 15th.  Still haven't received a decision yet.