Law School Discussion

BU bad karma?

BU bad karma?
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »
So, I called BU this morning (end of March) asking them if they'd processed my fin aid form yet. The nice guy on the line told me that they never received my CSS profile. I then told him I'd sent it in in Feb.  He told me he'd look into it, and some minutes later informed me that yes, they actually have all my paperwork there, and that I'd get fin aid stuff in a few days. Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone else had experiences, good or bad, with BU fin aid people?

Thanks

Re: BU bad karma?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
I emailed this past weekend about fin. aid and was told that they needed my fafsa, css profile, and fin. aid application. I sent all that last month! So they said, oops yes we have the fafsa and profile but still need the app. So I faxed the app two days ago. I really hope it wont affect my chances, and the woman who emailed me said it shouldn't, since the deadline was 'priority' and not set in stone. still.... i'm pissed.

smiley

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:57:17 AM »
BU was pretty good with communication for me at least. For example they had a question on my FAFSA and taxes about some extra income I had this past tax year. They sent an email about it, asking me what it was and whether I would be getting it again. After that was cleared up, I got my offer in about a week. I was also confused about some of the wording in the offer, so I sent another email and they responded the next day and clarified.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:39:42 AM »
I was over a week and a half late getting everything in, and it wasn't a problem at all.  I received the offer letter (via US mail) about a week later.

The BU financial aid office is very responsive to me.  I am very impressed with them.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
Thanks - feeling better now.