Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post-Undergrad WE???  (Read 292 times)

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Post-Undergrad WE???
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:37:41 AM »
I'm new to the board, but I have yet to see a thread addressing my specific question so I thought I'd throw it out there...

In other threads I HAVE looked at, some posters have suggested that post-undergraduate work experience can prove helpul in the application process, namely to those that are low-end on the UGPA scale and are looking for a boost to their application(like myself)?

I wanted to know how many posters have found this to be true, specifically: Are there certain schools that appreciate work experience more than others? How much time do you think would suffice to really enhance an application? Should the work experience be law-related to more positively affect your chances of admission?

I'm just asking for opinions, but if anyone has experiences to share, it would really help me out a lot. Thanks in advance!
Everday I'm HUSL'in

2b-lawyer

• View Profile
Re: Post-Undergrad WE???
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:54:48 PM »
I'm new to the board, but I have yet to see a thread addressing my specific question so I thought I'd throw it out there...

In other threads I HAVE looked at, some posters have suggested that post-undergraduate work experience can prove helpul in the application process, namely to those that are low-end on the UGPA scale and are looking for a boost to their application(like myself)?

I wanted to know how many posters have found this to be true, specifically: Are there certain schools that appreciate work experience more than others? How much time do you think would suffice to really enhance an application? Should the work experience be law-related to more positively affect your chances of admission?

I'm just asking for opinions, but if anyone has experiences to share, it would really help me out a lot. Thanks in advance!

The longer you've been out of UG, the less your GPA will matter. Law school, as has been stated many times on this board, is mainly a numbers game. If UGPA is low, make sure you do well on the LSAT. Shoot for a 170, or at least high 160s. Good work experience will give you a minimal boost, unless you've got high level recs from the experience (congressman, CEO of big company etc.). Work experience will give you more of a boost if you're applying to a part-time program, where soft-factors make more of a diff (part-time program admissions don't get calculated into the schools ranking). Just make sure you do well on the LSAT.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Undergrad WE???
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:55:36 AM »
Never got to say thanks for the advice...

And since I bombed the LSAT yet again, I'm definitely going to use it  :P T4 and PT apps, here I come!
Everday I'm HUSL'in