Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at McGeorge!  (Read 1882 times)

aldicarb

• View Profile
In at McGeorge!
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »
Im in at UoP McGeorge PT!! Yay so happy
1L [check]
2L [right around the corner]
Professional Hazing [complete]

Geetar

• View Profile
Re: In at McGeorge!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:48:27 PM »
Congrats! Is it your top choice?

jubilee27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:06:47 PM »
I am still waiting. Frustration has set in. Had you given up by the time the letter arrived?

michelleinsea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 11:29:45 PM »
I'm in, too.  And I'm considering it because of the $$$, west coast location, and their available specializations.  At this point it will either me McGeorge or Northeastern for me, unless the miracle of Hastings comes through!

I don't know too much about McGeorge and haven't been there yet, but am planning to check it out later this month.  Has anyone been and have any opinions to share on the school, etc?

gatorprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:42:58 PM »

Me Too! I got my letter today ( i guess it came yesterday.. i should cehck my mailbox more often) and i was so suprised with the big envelope. Now the decision becomes more difficult.. stay in Fl and go FIU or fufill my dream and move out west and go to UoP McGeorge? (at this point i have counted myself out of contention at UNLV)
<3 73-57 <3

Go Gators!!

aldicarb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »
 I live in Davis (UC Davis undergrad) (about 20 minutes from McGeorge) and I have visited the campus. It is quite lovely and woodsy. I actually found out through a phone call from the Director/Dean of Admissions, then I got the big packet via USPS priority mail two days later. I am very happy to be going and sending in my deposit tomorrow.
1L [check]
2L [right around the corner]
Professional Hazing [complete]

double_ugh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 12:17:04 PM »
in at McGeorge too. :)

michelleinsea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »
double: Congrats!

pacificmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 02:12:02 AM »
Hey I am currently a 1L at McGeorge right now. For me, visiting the campus really sealed the deal (the scholarship $ helped too). I was set on Chicago-Kent, but I am really glad that I chose McGeorge. Great location, beautiful campus, laid-back yet not lazy. Our professors are really top-notch. Our Dean is the former general counsel for the CIA and is an expert on national security. So far this year, Gorbachev and Justice Kennedy have come to our campus to speak. I would definately recommend a visit.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

zinger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 02:49:07 AM »
congrats!  I am from Sacramento and it's not a bad city at all.  Although it's a little too conservative for my taste, I really love the downtown in the day, with all of the action at the Capitol.  If you have any questions about the city, feel free to ask me!