Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo  (Read 38134 times)

krumanadi

Re: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL, from xoxo
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »
word from xoxo is that its fake. someone admitted to making it.

People can claim all they want to making it, but its legit. I got the mag in front of me right now.

faultytowers

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »
really? can you scan it?

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »
Honestly, what do the rankings really matter?  For instance, I just started freaking out about Brooklyn, then realized that even though Cardozo jumped ahead of them, their passage rate for the BAR is still a few percentage pts below them.  Basically, how much does this ranking affect me getting a job?  :-\ I guess three years from now it may all look different.

Makes me wonder if I should have applied to Cardozo.  Is there that much a difference in the schools?

St. John's bar passage is better than both schools (my future school), but it's still back there in the rankings. There is not enough difference between Brooklyn and Dozo to worry about it. Worry about finsihing high in your class. That is what will make the difference.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

bloodbath

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »
TOTALLY FAKE! Denver did NOT move 25 spaces to 70 and no way did UNLV drop to tier 3. I'm calling BS on this based on those two facts alone. and why would there be a katrina footnote?

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the Katrina footnote was marked as a "2" instead of a "1," as the first footnote is usually marked?  While there are a number of possible explanations for this (such as another footnote on a previous page), it makes me wonder.  And the formatting of the footnote also looks a little weird, placing it in the middle of some other unrelated info about sources, then about non-accredited law schools.  Looks more real than anything else I've seen, but I'll only believe it fully when I see it on the US News site or in hard copy . . . 
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »
sweet if this is real BU is still above BC  ;D
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

krumanadi

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »
TOTALLY FAKE! Denver did NOT move 25 spaces to 70 and no way did UNLV drop to tier 3. I'm calling BS on this based on those two facts alone. and why would there be a katrina footnote?

I like how everyone is so cynical.. Seriously, it's good... You will all be good lawyers.  However, in this situation, the fact remains that these are real.. Please go to the nearest bookstore and see for yourself.  Or wait for them to go online April 1st.

faultytowers

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2006, 05:01:45 PM »

I like how everyone is so cynical.. Seriously, it's good... You will all be good lawyers.  However, in this situation, the fact remains that these are real.. Please go to the nearest bookstore and see for yourself.  Or wait for them to go online April 1st.

any chance you could just scan a little chunk of it (even just the top 3), just for some secondary verification.

Sepatown

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2006, 05:02:36 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the Katrina footnote was marked as a "2" instead of a "1," as the first footnote is usually marked?  While there are a number of possible explanations for this (such as another footnote on a previous page), it makes me wonder.  And the formatting of the footnote also looks a little weird, placing it in the middle of some other unrelated info about sources, then about non-accredited law schools.  Looks more real than anything else I've seen, but I'll only believe it fully when I see it on the US News site or in hard copy . . . 
Tulane's footnote is 2 and the description is 2. Where's the problem?

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2006, 05:03:19 PM »
sad to say, even with all my rankings mean nothing to me spiel...i am mother-fing excited about this
USD Law grad