Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo  (Read 38928 times)

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
Re: Link to 2007 Rankings
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 04:32:19 PM »
A few guys at xoxo. I thought flame, but those skeptical a-holes believe, trust me I have nothing to gain by these being fake. Sine my school took a dive. Just thought I'd share

Thanks, I just think it s bit ridiculous that they would rank that many schools equal.  I mean what is with the 6 people at number 43?  it only gets worse as you go higher.  People have nothing to do with their time...
There's no homework in Law School

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently these are real: (from xoxo) EDIT: confirmed
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 04:33:58 PM »
Interesting for NJ...Rutgers-Newark now behind both RU-Camden and Seton Hall, even though RU-Newark is generally regarded as the best school in NJ.

LSAT/GPA and bar passage look like the killers for RU-Newark.  To their credit, they don't seem to have any desire to push up admission stats for ranking purposes.

I'm not familiar with Camden...

...but regarding Newark, last year Seton Hall had better LSAT, GPA and Bar Passage numbers, yet they were still behind Newark

fincavigia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USNWR
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 04:34:20 PM »
I'm sorry your school dropped (it may well not be legit anyway though so don't sweat it). Where is the Katrina footnote? For a second I was thinking somone might have just scanned a version from a few years ago.

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 04:34:34 PM »
Where did you find this?  Seems a bit odd to me actually. Berkeley jumps all the way to #8??!?!?! 11 to 8? 

Numerically, it could actually be just a one place jump if they were at the top of the 11th place tie and are now at the bottom of the three-way 8th place tie (i.e. 10th).
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

pandabones

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 04:35:32 PM »
I'm sorry your school dropped (it may well not be legit anyway though so don't sweat it). Where is the Katrina footnote? For a second I was thinking somone might have just scanned a version from a few years ago.

2nd page.

Stifler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:17 PM »
It is completely legitimate. 

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently these are real: (from xoxo) EDIT: confirmed
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:35 PM »
Interesting for NJ...Rutgers-Newark now behind both RU-Camden and Seton Hall, even though RU-Newark is generally regarded as the best school in NJ.

LSAT/GPA and bar passage look like the killers for RU-Newark.  To their credit, they don't seem to have any desire to push up admission stats for ranking purposes.

I'm not familiar with Camden...

...but regarding Newark, last year Seton Hall had better LSAT, GPA and Bar Passage numbers, yet they were still behind Newark

RU-Newark has better rep scores.  Apparently wasn't enough this year.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 04:37:10 PM »
taking another close look, i think it does look legit, but i am surprised by the harvard/stanford switch. 

It's happened before.  One year in the 90s I believe. 

Nice to see Boalt moving back up.  I can't tell if Columbia and NYU are tied for 4th or if the blurry dots actually form a "5".
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 04:38:21 PM »
they're tied.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 04:39:01 PM »
Where does Brooklyn rank?  American jumps from 47 to 43 hmmm...

NYC schools:
St. John's is at 80, Brooklyn's at 56, Cardozo's at 53, Fordham's at 32, Columbia & NYU T4, and it looks like Hofstra dropped out of the T100.
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09