Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo  (Read 39102 times)

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL, from xoxo
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »
DePaul goes from T3 to No.80.
No way! I don't believe this!

they seem to be working REALLY hard to raise numbers...if you look at LSN not a whole lot of people got in with below a 160...there's a pretty clear line. They probably did the same thing last year.
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

anise

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54:16 PM »
Hating it. Hoping someone will let me off of the waitlist even more now.

Well then I wish you good luck :)

usnews2007

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54:39 PM »
DePaul goes from T3 to No.80.
No way! I don't believe this!

they seem to be working REALLY hard to raise numbers...if you look at LSN not a whole lot of people got in with below a 160...there's a pretty clear line. They probably did the same thing last year.

In the material they send out, they have a graph showing their median LSAT and median GPA sky-rocketing over the past five years.

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2006, 05:58:31 PM »
I'm not asking to cast doubt on this set of rankings, but I'm  curious as to how Chicago has a score of 81, when Columbia/NYU have scores of 86. That's a pretty big drop, and looking across the categories, I don't see where Chicago loses the points.

Yeah, look at Chicago and Columbia. The numbers are virtualy identical. Meanwhile CCN is about to become CN because Chicago has a score closer to Penn than NYU and Columbia.

Wouldn't you expect SMU to actually do worse since employment at graduation is N/A? Does an underqualified Supreme Court nominee help that much?

Cornell dropped to only a point above GULC, but now UCLA is only 2 back. Maybe next year is the year the T14 changes, or Georgetown at least gets out of the T14 cellar.

The Dominos School of Law is debuting in T4.

The footnotes starting at 2 is a little weird so I'm still a little skeptical.

Oh, and since Harvard dropped to 1 point below Stanford, it appears as though all cross-admits must send in their deposits to Stanford ASAP.

MrSmittie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebel Law - why what happens in Vegas stays here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2006, 06:01:40 PM »
Well that"s just great!  I guess my getting accepted to UNLV made the school drop from Tier 2 to Tier 3. :( Looks like a TTT for me 8).
1L Boyd Law - UNLV
I'm so old - I went to preschool with God.

donjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »
If these are real, then it proves how useless US News' rankings are: Illinois raised their median LSAT score by something like 3 points and yet they are pretty much in the same position as they were last year. Ridiculous.

CousinRico

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »

Yaaay!  Depaul is no longer a TTT!  I'm not surprised either, their medians have been rising and their reputation in Chicago is already great!

usnews2007

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »
If these are real, then it proves how useless US News' rankings are: Illinois raised their median LSAT score by something like 3 points and yet they are pretty much in the same position as they were last year. Ridiculous.

their median is actually higher than the 75%tile of the schools its tied with. they gotta be lovin that.

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »

Yaaay!  Depaul is no longer a TTT!  I'm not surprised either, their medians have been rising and their reputation in Chicago is already great!

Isn't it exciting!  Will I be seeing you there next fall???
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

CousinRico

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2006, 06:17:56 PM »
Yeah, more than likely I will. (Unless Kent comes in with scholarship money, which I highly doubt).  But I have to admit that seeing Depaul on the rise is extremely encouraging.  I see you've decided on Depaul for sure?