Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo  (Read 39133 times)

krumanadi

Re: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL, from xoxo
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »
TOTALLY FAKE! Denver did NOT move 25 spaces to 70 and no way did UNLV drop to tier 3. I'm calling BS on this based on those two facts alone. and why would there be a katrina footnote?

I like how everyone is so cynical.. Seriously, it's good... You will all be good lawyers.  However, in this situation, the fact remains that these are real.. Please go to the nearest bookstore and see for yourself.  Or wait for them to go online April 1st.

any chance you could just scan a little chunk of it (even just the top 3), just for some secondary verification.

I wish I could, but im at work... I know there has been a bunch of (well made) fakes recently, but you will see soon that these are real..

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the Katrina footnote was marked as a "2" instead of a "1," as the first footnote is usually marked?  While there are a number of possible explanations for this (such as another footnote on a previous page), it makes me wonder.  And the formatting of the footnote also looks a little weird, placing it in the middle of some other unrelated info about sources, then about non-accredited law schools.  Looks more real than anything else I've seen, but I'll only believe it fully when I see it on the US News site or in hard copy . . . 
Tulane's footnote is 2 and the description is 2. Where's the problem?

The potential problem is that they're not both labeled 1; like I said before, there could be a prior footnote, but its number combined with footnote text placement that strikes me as odd gives me some pause.  If I had to bet one way or ther other though, I'd bet that they're real. 
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

lawnecon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2006, 05:05:09 PM »
Aw nuts, Syracuse dropped out of the top 100. Maybe I should rethink my options...?

I know right, this make things complicated.

I'll preface my remarks by saying that this pretty much does Syracuse in for me, but they already were hanging by a thread.

However, Syracuse was 3rd tier in the 2005 ratings, so they're probably just hovering between the bottom of the second tier and the top of the third - I doubt it'll affect one's employment prospects too much. Also, DePaul was third tier last round, and now they've moved all the up to #80.

Villanova Law School Class of '09

"I don't believe in nothing, no more - I'm going to law school!" Jimbo Jones (The Simpsons)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »
Aw nuts, Syracuse dropped out of the top 100. Maybe I should rethink my options...?

I know right, this make things complicated.

I'll preface my remarks by saying that this pretty much does Syracuse in for me, but they already were hanging by a thread.

However, Syracuse was 3rd tier in the 2005 ratings, so they're probably just hovering between the bottom of the second tier and the top of the third - I doubt it'll affect one's employment prospects too much. Also, DePaul was third tier last round, and now they've moved all the up to #80.

Please don't eliminate a school because they came a point short in a system created by a newspaper. Rankings are fun and it is nice to see "your" school go up, and I do think there is some value to looking at like a 4-5 year period and see where the school is on average, but IMO these fluctuate so much year to year that you do yourself a disservice by making decisions based on a single year.

Just my humble opinion coming from a 1st year who chose the lowest ranked school I was accepted to and am loving it.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Patrick Bateman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
I'm at work and can't see it.  Can someone tell me Temple and Villanova's rank?

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »
you people do know that theres' a new one out every freakin year. are you gonna transfer schools depending on next years ranking?
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »
I'm at work and can't see it.  Can someone tell me Temple and Villanova's rank?

Temple- 58
Nova- 60

Virtually identical.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

SFnative

Re: Link to 2007 Rankings
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »
Where did you find this?  Seems a bit odd to me actually. Berkeley jumps all the way to #8??!?!?! 11 to 8? 

Berkeley has been as high as number 7

milkman83

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »
you people do know that theres' a new one out every freakin year. are you gonna transfer schools depending on next years ranking?

titcr

... i've never used that before.  i hope it means what i think it means. 

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »
UConn = :)
Syracuse = :(

Oh, the decisions to be made...
University of Connecticut '09

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda