Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo  (Read 38184 times)

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
Re: USNWR 2007 rankings CONFIRMED, REAL; from xoxo
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
fake

an 11 page scan is very unlikely to be fake

I'm waiting for the USNWR PWNING...with an opening intro that says "you may have seen rankings prior to this issue...we released them to mess with you people - we knew someone was going to leak so we decided to beat them to the punch.  W3 PWN U n00bs!"

dbk10

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »
Hmm, looks like Catholic University dropped out of the top 100 also from 85.

mjca83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2006, 07:18:14 PM »
that would be great...

buju

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2006, 07:19:03 PM »
fake

It's the same list that's in the magazine I picked up at Barnes & Noble tonight.  The only way it's a fake is if USNews released a few thousand dummy magazines just to teach people not to try to get copies before the official release date.

Stephkay, I guess your decision just got easier, right?  Last I knew you were deciding between Wash U and Minnesota.  I was trying to make the same decision and liked everything about WUSTL better except the ranking, but now they're even.

mjca83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »
It seems like US News has an interest in more movement in the rankings.  Otherwise, why would anyone bother looking at the rankings from year to year ?

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently these are real: (from xoxo) EDIT: confirmed
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »
Interesting for NJ...Rutgers-Newark now behind both RU-Camden and Seton Hall, even though RU-Newark is generally regarded as the best school in NJ.

LSAT/GPA and bar passage look like the killers for RU-Newark.  To their credit, they don't seem to have any desire to push up admission stats for ranking purposes.

For what it's worth, Rutgers Newark isn't generally regarded as the best school in NJ.  Come to South Jersey and ask them what they think.

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2006, 07:33:32 PM »
Interesting for NJ...Rutgers-Newark now behind both RU-Camden and Seton Hall, even though RU-Newark is generally regarded as the best school in NJ.

LSAT/GPA and bar passage look like the killers for RU-Newark.  To their credit, they don't seem to have any desire to push up admission stats for ranking purposes.

For what it's worth, Rutgers Newark isn't generally regarded as the best school in NJ.  Come to South Jersey and ask them what they think.

I would say traditionally it is higher regarded than the other two, but recently I would agree that things might be changing.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »

I would say traditionally it is higher regarded than the other two, but recently I would agree that things might be changing.

I'm not from NJ, and I'm not saying which school is better or worse, because I really don't know.  But I do know a lot of kids who go to Camden, and they think it's much better than Newark.  Just saying.  Of course, as someone from NJ, you know, no doubt, that South Jersey and North Jersey are practically two different states, so it's no surprise that these guys are taking sides, even though, of course, they are going to think their school is the better of the two.

For SEPA's version of this same debate, it appears that this year, Temple is now 2 spots ahead of Nova, as opposed to the exact opposite situation from last year.  On the bright side they both moved up, and Nova is at 60 instead of 63.  On the downside, Temple rejected me (bastards).

Anyhow, fun news about a new set of rankings, but ultimately not a life-chaning event.

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2006, 07:54:57 PM »

I'm not from NJ, and I'm not saying which school is better or worse, because I really don't know.  But I do know a lot of kids who go to Camden, and they think it's much better than Newark.  Just saying.  Of course, as someone from NJ, you know, no doubt, that South Jersey and North Jersey are practically two different states, so it's no surprise that these guys are taking sides, even though, of course, they are going to think their school is the better of the two.

For SEPA's version of this same debate, it appears that this year, Temple is now 2 spots ahead of Nova, as opposed to the exact opposite situation from last year.  On the bright side they both moved up, and Nova is at 60 instead of 63.  On the downside, Temple rejected me (bastards).

Anyhow, fun news about a new set of rankings, but ultimately not a life-chaning event.

I go to Seton Hall, so I'm actually kinda arguing against my school. All I know is that it seems that traditionally Newark was thought of higher- In the 90's they were actually Tier 1 before the criteria was changed, and Newark is the oldest law school in the state.  This debate is probably more relevant between Newark and SHU, since like you said, Camden might as well be in another part of the country.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2006, 07:57:21 PM »

Princeton is much more prestigious.