Poll

Where should I attend next fall?

Duke with $14,000 a year
 18 (58.1%)
Vanderbilt with $22,000 a year
 9 (29%)
W&L with $25,000 a year
 0 (0%)
UNC with$12,500 a year (possibility of in-state years 2 and 3)
 1 (3.2%)
WF with Full Tuition Scholarship
 3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Help me out here please! Yes another where do I go poll.  (Read 252 times)

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Help me out here please! Yes another where do I go poll.
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Even though I have not heard back on all of my applications  :( I am facing seat deposit deadlines and need to arrive at a decision soon.  I wish to stay in the Southeast after law school and regardless of where I go, my wife will need to find a job (she is a social worker).  I am certainly tempted by the prestige of Duke, but Vandy, W&L, and UNC are all interesting choices as well.  Debt is a concern to me, but not an overriding concern.  So do I overlook the debt and attend Duke or do I make a more economically sensible choice and go to one of the other four choices?  If you were me and had these choices which would you attend?

I appreciate any feedback/comments as well.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help me out here please! Yes another where do I go poll.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply halfie.  Yeah, W&L is in Lexington, VA and the size of the town definitly works against it.  I was rather impressed with possible job opportunities in the Durham area and the Duke people seemed willing to help find a job for spouses/significant others.  Of course, Nashville would offer more job opportunties based on its larger size.

Anyone else?  Come on...doesn't anyone want to vote in my poll?? ;D
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

robert22

• View Profile
Re: Help me out here please! Yes another where do I go poll.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »
If you have several deadlines approaching, you can play them against each other.  Try writing each dean separately and asking for extensions.  Be honest in your dilemma and tell them you need more time to decide be it because you haven't visited, you still haven't heard from schools, or some other legit reason.  I believe they'll be likely to give you one since they want you bad enough to offer you scholarships...

I did it and it worked great...

Good luck.