Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...  (Read 36945 times)

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...
« Reply #440 on: August 24, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
I flew out of and back into DTW this week (to and from Ithaca, incidentally; had to go do my song-and-dance for the new grad students ;))  It's a pretty small, but easy-to-navigate airport.  I had my car there, tho, so I can't speak to taxis or shuttles.  Actually, I'd be happy to dash up there to pick up classmates as they roll into town, and I'd bet I'm not the only one willing to act as a shuttle.  The airport is surprisingly close to Ann Arbor, and we might as well get used to looking out for one another.  Let me know when you're showing up and I'll see what I can do.

aww thanks, but i dont wanna make you into a cab driver.. i actually just found some info on the umich.edu site.. i just realized i wont even be able to tell which building is the lawyers club in the quad   :-[
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

dococ23

• Sr. Citizen
  • Spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2006, 11:53:55 AM »
I flew out of and back into DTW this week (to and from Ithaca, incidentally; had to go do my song-and-dance for the new grad students ;))  It's a pretty small, but easy-to-navigate airport.  I had my car there, tho, so I can't speak to taxis or shuttles.  Actually, I'd be happy to dash up there to pick up classmates as they roll into town, and I'd bet I'm not the only one willing to act as a shuttle.  The airport is surprisingly close to Ann Arbor, and we might as well get used to looking out for one another.  Let me know when you're showing up and I'll see what I can do.

aww thanks, but i dont wanna make you into a cab driver.. i actually just found some info on the umich.edu site.. i just realized i wont even be able to tell which building is the lawyers club in the quad   :-[

If you stand facing the Reading Room (the ornate Harry Potter-esque room) on the opposite side of the quad, the entrance to the Lawyers club will be on your right ... its easy to miss; there's no sign (from what I remember).

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2006, 12:09:19 PM »
i hope there will be some checkin people tomorrow.. we do need keys for our rooms
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »

Well, the offer stands for others flying in...catch me now, while I'm still in the post-job, pre-1L glow of generosity and goodwill.  :D 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2006, 07:13:14 PM »
I too would be willing to pick up people from the airport if needed, so if Jolie is busy or something just let me know!

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 26, 2006, 02:28:00 AM »
I am arriving tomorrow, have wheels, and will definitely be making a few trips to the local super-stores on sunday probably.

I missed on MAP so I will be curious about your impressions Vapid. I am not ready to start studying yet!:)

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »
In other news, Comcast still sucks. I don't watch a ton of TV but wanted to get a cheap basic cable package so that I'd have something to unwind with this semester when I feel I'm about to lose my mind.

Too bad the cheapest package is $50/month. For basic cable.
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless

katedennis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 26, 2006, 07:48:18 PM »
Seriously, why do all cable companies have to suck so much?  After getting the run around about disconnecting my Time Warner Cable from my old place, now the cable in the LC isn't working properly (at least in my section). 

Also, glad to see the EFGH crowd well represented.  I haven't had a chance/the heart to head down to Ulrich's to pick up books, and the ones I ordered online are locked in "the annex" which no one seems to have keys to...curious. 

Hope to meet some of you soon! Stop by if you get a chance.
Univeristy of Michigan Law School Class of 2009

my lsn!

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #448 on: August 27, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
loveless, I think I saw somewhere on comcast's website that they actually havea very limited cable package for under $50 but in the end I think you might do better to just get a good antenna and watch network TV at that point.  I think it was like 20 channels and called Limited Basic.  I do have to say that their customer service person was really nice when I called - but since I basically live in a construction site, cable will take a while to get sadly.

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #449 on: August 27, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »
Yeah. The fact that Comcast somehow swings being the ONLY cable provider in AA seems a bit  :-\ to me.

Tonight's my last night not in AA. I'll be bookshopping tomorrow (finally; yes I am late oh well).
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless