Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...  (Read 36916 times)

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »
I'm in F.

Here's where I show my ignorance: is there a specific author or publishing house name for the books listed above for the F'ers (ha)? Cause I'm not going to be down in AA till next week and I'd like to check some of this stuff out online.

Nice resource for finding cheap books online, btw, is bookfinder.com.
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #421 on: August 21, 2006, 03:45:21 PM »
http://www.law.umich.edu/currentstudents/registration/booklists/fall2006.htm

The link above should satisfy your needs, loveless.

And I'm now just a jealous of thenextstep for her used Torts as she was of me for my used Con Law.  I hit up every bookstore I could find today and, though I got soem decent deals on new books, couldn't find a used Torts that didn't look like it had an accident in a Skittles factory.  Oh well. 

Oh my...too funny.  You're in good company!  I just bought my books, and I swear I sat there poring through every used book to find the ones with the least markings.  As I said the other night, I feel I've finally died and gone to Dork Heaven.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 21, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »

And I'm now just a jealous of thenextstep for her used Torts as she was of me for my used Con Law.  I hit up every bookstore I could find today and, though I got soem decent deals on new books, couldn't find a used Torts that didn't look like it had an accident in a Skittles factory.  Oh well. 

I got the last one at Ulrich's yesterday.  :P

dococ23

• Sr. Citizen
  • Spoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »

I got the last one at Ulrich's yesterday.  :P

my friend who's a uva 3L gave me his Epstein 2004 ... as I expected, he slacked off majorly and didn't highlight/scribble much. I think he recommended the Abraham hornbook so I'll probably be getting that. He also gave me the Chirelstein hornbook for Contracts. VP the used con law was a steal though, nice work  :P

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2006, 11:04:50 AM »
This is true about the reward card... however it does last until after the beginning of next semester (sometime in Feb) so you could conceivably use this semester's rewards next semester for books and so on... or something of that sort.  I was kind of planning on using all my rewards for the year to buy a sweatshirt or something like that, but I think it's true that we cannot use the rewards from today's books today. Sad but true.  Still it's money you didn't have before!

Turritus

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2006, 12:56:08 PM »
To anyone attending the MAP dinner tonight:

Any word on what is appropriate dress for this function?

Thanks!

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »
I was wondering the very same thing about dress for dinner.  Luckily, I am staying in the hotel, and I plan on sneaking down and looking to see what everyone else is wearing before I actually go in.   :)

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2006, 04:30:49 PM »
hey for those of you are already there (ill be joining u in a few days), im going crazy gettin last minute personal items... cant seem to find laundry detergents for decent price online (shipping is a female dog).. are there any stores around the law school or at least within walkin distance where I could get a decent sized laundry detergent for an ok price?
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2006, 05:24:39 PM »
hey for those of you are already there (ill be joining u in a few days), im going crazy gettin last minute personal items... cant seem to find laundry detergents for decent price online (shipping is a female dog).. are there any stores around the law school or at least within walkin distance where I could get a decent sized laundry detergent for an ok price?

Your best bet is to wait until another Club resident is making a trip to Meijer and tag along.

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »

Your best bet is to wait until another Club resident is making a trip to Meijer and tag along.

Do you prefer Meijer to Target?