Law School Discussion

Anyone bringing a motorcycle to law school?

magnumalv

Anyone bringing a motorcycle to law school?
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:35:57 AM »
How do you plan on storing it? Apt, condo, house? I dunno what to do, really, but I'd like to bring mine in addition to my truck.

sarmstrong806

Re: Anyone bringing a motorcycle to law school?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »
I don't own a motorcycle, but it sounds like a good idea for some of these people that are worried about expense and parking etc. NYC and stuff like that.

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:04:41 AM »
How do you plan on storing it? Apt, condo, house? I dunno what to do, really, but I'd like to bring mine in addition to my truck.

Well, we have already discussed this in another thread, but since this thread may actually come uip when people search...

I am hoping to buy a house or townhouse that has a garage or carport. If that doesn't happen, then I will think about covering it, but might just sell it so I don't have to worry about it.

Another thing I have been pondering is whether it will be a practical mode of transportation to and from school. Will our books and laptop be too heavy to carry on our back or tie down to the rear seat?

sarmstrong806

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:10:57 AM »

Well, we have already discussed this in another thread, but since this thread may actually come uip when people search...

I am hoping to buy a house or townhouse that has a garage or carport. If that doesn't happen, then I will think about covering it, but might just sell it so I don't have to worry about it.

Another thing I have been pondering is whether it will be a practical mode of transportation to and from school. Will our books and laptop be too heavy to carry on our back or tie down to the rear seat?

The idea of tying a $2,000 laptop to the back of a motorcycle makes me cringe.

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »

The idea of tying a $2,000 laptop to the back of a motorcycle makes me cringe.

Over the past few years I have ridden to work quite often. My work laptop is almost always in my backpack, which has been both on my back and tied to the back seat. I have never had a problem carrying the laptop plus workout clothes... It is the big law casebooks that are worrying me.

AdiosLSD!

• let me in!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »
I'm hoping to bring mine, but right now I'm concerend that I won't be able to find a place to store it indoors.  The apartment complexes that I'm looking at are built in such a way that it is impossible for me to bring my motorcycle into my apartment, and I'm completely unwilling to keep my bike outdoors.  Trying to figure out something though, life without my bike would definately be less fun. 

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 11:57:54 AM »
I am getting a bike this year and self storaging it in a uhaul type place.  I figure that will work just fine.

Slow Blues

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »
I gave mine up to save for school. It would've been nice to have it in a non-urban school though.

Does anyone follow MotoGP? I thought about starting an AMA/MotoGP thread in the off-topic section.

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:56 PM »
I gave mine up to save for school. It would've been nice to have it in a non-urban school though.

Does anyone follow MotoGP? I thought about starting an AMA/MotoGP thread in the off-topic section.

I follow MotoGP Premier class closely and watch the 250s often, AMA when I have free time... Until very recently, my avatar was Valentino.

The Jerez race was pretty good. I followed Pedrosa very closely last year and thought he would do well when he made the jump. Second in his first race was more than I expected.

oldhat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »
I want to buy a motorcycle for law school but I've never ridden one before. Which one should I buy? I want a sports bike or a cafe racer-type model for not a lot of money. I really like the looks of the old 1970s Honda CBs and the Yamaha SECA IIs. Any other models to suggest?