Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: XOXO wins the rankings release war this year  (Read 2768 times)

xoxovisitor

• View Profile
XOXO wins the rankings release war this year
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:56:00 AM »
This looks legit

http://xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=388662&mc=58&forum_id=2

I'm not the one who posted it on xoxo so don't ask me questions. EDIT: By the way, you don't really need a verifiable email to post on xoxo. It says you do but you really don't. Just put in a fake email, like asdasdfasfdafs@aol.com and the system will let you post.

Harper

• Sr. Citizen
  • works every time
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: XOXO wins the rankings release war this year
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:24:28 AM »
I hadn't realized there was a war involved. 

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:47:08 AM »
That's fake...

The rankings are first going to be available online Frday March 31st, and they aren't hitting news stands until Monday, April 3rd this year..

Typhoon Longwang

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »
That's fake...

The rankings are first going to be available online Frday March 31st, and they aren't hitting news stands until Monday, April 2nd this year..

Do you realize Monday isn't the second this year?

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 12:46:14 PM »
That's fake...

The rankings are first going to be available online Frday March 31st, and they aren't hitting news stands until Monday, April 2nd this year..

Do you realize Monday isn't the second this year?

Now I do!  ;)

law123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »
That's fake...

The rankings are first going to be available online Frday March 31st, and they aren't hitting news stands until Monday, April 3rd this year..

Where did you hear this.  I thought they came out in print first.

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 12:52:31 PM »
Believe what you hear on the 29th... schools find out then. Someone will leak it, no doubt.
I am officially a law school graduate : )

law123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:21:17 PM »
Believe what you hear on the 29th... schools find out then. Someone will leak it, no doubt.

where did you hear this?  I know I saw a post yesterday--I can't find it though--which gave a believable description of the timeline and format of the releases.  The person claimed to work for USNews and it did sound believable--she said print edition would not be out till apr. 3 and schools would receive copies mar. 29.  Is that where you two are getting this information?  The person claiming to be from USNews did, however, have hundreds of posts to her credit which made me  very skeptical.

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 01:32:02 PM »
I will see the rankings tomorrow, but I won't be the one to share them... but I feel confident someone will, thus, believe what you see tomorrow.

I am officially a law school graduate : )

law123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »

where did you hear this?  I know I saw a post yesterday--I can't find it though--which gave a believable description of the timeline and format of the releases.  The person claimed to work for USNews and it did sound believable--she said print edition would not be out till apr. 3 and schools would receive copies mar. 29.  Is that where you two are getting this information?  The person claiming to be from USNews did, however, have hundreds of posts to her credit which made me  very skeptical.

The post was an email sent to all the law schools (I work at one of them, not US News). Felt a little nervous about posting it, so I took it down.  I wanna share with y'all, but it's not worth getting in trouble over.

I will see the rankings tomorrow, but I won't be the one to share them... but I feel confident someone will, thus, believe what you see tomorrow.

I see.  So it is true that the rankings will be first available online on Friday before they are available in the magazine?  Also, when did it say that the magazine was due out?