Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone considering Franklin Pierce?  (Read 273 times)

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Anyone considering Franklin Pierce?
« on: March 27, 2006, 11:12:19 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone was either pretty set on attending FP or is at least considering it? Has anyone visited? What are your thoughts on the school/Concord??? I'm still waiting to hear back from some other schools but if things don't go exactly as planned I think I'll be headed there come Fall and I just want to get feedback from those in the same boat.

Autumn

Re: Anyone considering Franklin Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:48:37 PM »
Yes, if I don't get in anywhere better I will probably end up going there. I'm going to visit on the 8th, so I guess I'll see if I like it.

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:54:59 PM »
Yes, if I don't get in anywhere better I will probably end up going there. I'm going to visit on the 8th, so I guess I'll see if I like it.

Cool. I won't be able to make the admitted students event on the 8th so if you can post a review that would be AMAZING!

Anyone else???

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »
I visited the in march, their first admitted students' reception, wasn't impressed at all, the is the link on the mini review, if you have any specific question you can email me.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,47645.msg1130582.html#msg1130582

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »
I visited the in march, their first admitted students' reception, wasn't impressed at all, the is the link on the mini review, if you have any specific question you can email me.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,47645.msg1130582.html#msg1130582
Thanks for directing us to the review. I definitely understand where you're coming from especially if IP isn't something you want to do. I plan on doing soft IP so the school seems like a great place for that. I want to work in NYC and after doing my research FP grads place pretty well in NYC  (there were many at top IP firms- a lot that didn't even have the technical degree from undergrad which is the same as myself). I understand the profs may seem a bit dry (I hate to generalize, but most old science folk are  ;)) and that came across in the panel discussions so I'm hoping that is something that I can easily get over. I dunno. I've been mostly hearing reviews from people who aren't going into IP and so they aren't very pleased with their visits due to the IP concentration there so it will be nice to hear from someone (Autumn or anyone else) who is going into IP and has experience with the school. Thanks again Jontor!