Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For the older students...  (Read 13775 times)

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For the older students...
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006, 02:04:30 PM »
Good question.  You can choose to keep the stick up your ass, or to remove it at chosen intervals to stimulate blood flow and other necessary functions.
But you just don't want your classmates to know it's there. 
Also, removal of said stick will help your Beer Pong game.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice!   

Law-Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • In case LS doesn't work out... thank you "Duck"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2006, 02:28:55 PM »
Beer Pong, good.
Got it.
Any other advice?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »
Try to play Beer Pong (aka Beiruit) at least once during your first year. 
I had never heard of it either.  The opportunity will almost certainly arise.  It's fun, and it's a good way to show your classmates you don't have a stick up your ass.

What if you do have a stick up there?  Any suggestions for hiding it?  I wear long skirts much of the time to hide the tell-tale handle to mine.

This is some funny *&^%.  Hippie Law Chick, you're my hero! 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2006, 02:42:31 PM »
:)

Thanks.  I live my life only to serve as an example to others.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 02:44:50 PM »
Jeezu, beer pong.  God, it's been ages.  I used to be good.  I coulda been a contender.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »
- any other advice? -
I discussed it before, but I recommend keeping quiet when you think your young classmates are immature.  You will, often, feel more mature and superior to them.  It's inevitable.  Or you'll just feel older because, say for instance, nobody remembers the Challenger explosion or that Reagan got shot. Just keep it to yourself.
And avoid about your life, career, or other experience as part of your class discussion, even if you think it's relevant.  Watch when someone else does it - pretentious isn't it?  Let the other old person take the fall.
You'll have opportunities to talk to with other students after class, and some will be interested in your life and career.  The younger students don't automatically dislike the older students, just the ones who are arrogant in class.  My classmates were really supportive and encouraging when I got married, and they are now that I'm having a baby.  

Beer pong.  At least once.

Law-Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • In case LS doesn't work out... thank you "Duck"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Does anyone think that we are going to be left out of stuff like study groups? Being the older married guy, I feal like I am going to have a hard time getting invited and having time to attend those types of things. Also, can I do well without them?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. - Mark Twain

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 02:55:48 PM »
I have faith that I'm going to be able to navigate my law school relationships just fine, without either a) incessantly reminding my colleagues that they are younger than I and therefore clearly inferior, or b) pretending that no one will notice that I'm older if I just get drunk and put a lamp shade on my head and act the way I assume all Law Students are supposed to act.  

See, I don't mean to come across as sarcastic, but I think there's gotta be some gray area between superiority and beer pong.  I mean, I wasn't into beer pong when I was 21.  And my ass is obstruction-free (or was the last time I checked, anyway.)
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 02:56:33 PM »
Does anyone think that we are going to be left out of stuff like study groups? Being the older married guy, I feal like I am going to have a hard time getting invited and having time to attend those types of things. Also, can I do well without them?

Man, we'll be hanging with each other, kicking the snot outta the youngins come exam time.   ;)