Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For the older students...  (Read 13718 times)

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
For the older students...
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:49:16 PM »
I enjoy going to school, but anyone else get tired of the stoopid kids?

I mean, the girls are great to look at, but they start talking, and I
just want to scream "SHUT UP!!"

Who cares about the OC? or how drunk you got last weekend?!?!?

I guess what Im wondering is, does anyone else think they will feel out of place going back to school, surrounded by these young whipper snappers?  :-\

(im 34 btw)
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: For the older students...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »
I'm coming up on 25, and I feel that way (except about the girls being nice to look at...It might be true, but I don't care)

Maybe I'm just old before my time...

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:56:04 AM »
I know what you mean!  Just reading some of the discussions on this board, I'm kind of gearing up for three years of being perpetually irritated.  Should be great for my patience threshold.
I went back to grad school after a few years out, and my younger colleagues were mostly pretty cool.  I will admit, tho, every time one of my fellow students shrieked something like, "Oh.My.God!  You don't look that old!!" upon learning my age I wanted to stick something in my eye.  And I was only 25 at the time!
I officially accepted that I was going to be Old in law school when I realized that I was trolling for hot unmarried professors on my visits instead of flirting with the male students. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:10:28 AM »
hmmm, I doubt there will be many hot lady professors...

Though I could be wrong.

I will just settle for the hot undergrads, and do my best to tune them out.
 ;D

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:22:44 AM »
Yeah, I've been coming up pretty dry in most of my searches.  But a girl can dream. 

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 08:31:44 AM »
Yeah, I've been coming up pretty dry in most of my searches.  But a girl can dream. 

Hilarious lol.  You shouldn't have much trouble if that is your pic.
Attending GW in Fall '06

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 08:32:07 AM »
If your going to be living in NY, youll be surrounded by guys, hitting on you non-stop.

Im looking at small college towns(UF and FSU) so Im going to be stuck with cute/(young)stoopid    :-\

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »
Really? I hear that the single male to female ratio is heavily in favor of males and that it's very hard for women in NYC. 

Jolie- you crack me up with the trolling for hot professors. I keep on telling my friends that's what I will have to do because there is no way I'll date a 22-year-old law student.  I went for a master's degree in education and the ages of students in the program varied a lot more than they will in LS. There were a lot of twentysomethings, but there were equally as many older students who were married with children.

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 09:06:21 AM »
I know exactly what you mean about the immature students, but seriously - you have to get over it.  I watched a lot of the giggly 22 year-olds get better grades than mine (law school may not be like college, but it's more like school than it is like your job), and reap the benefits of superior job offers.  So much for law firms valuing experience and maturity.  Some say the firms love to pluck them off the tree when they are young and naive - they'll believe everything they're told.
You will feel will out of touch with the young uns, but try not to be arrogant or paternal/maternal.  It won't help.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »

Hilarious lol.  You shouldn't have much trouble if that is your pic.

;) Thanks!

queencruella (great name, btw), you hit it square on.  The NYC dating scene is just wacky.  The male/female ratio isn't great.  And it's brutal without even considering the #s.  I mean, on the one hand, you're constantly surrounded by beautiful people.  But on the other hand, you're constantly surrounded by beautiful people.  It can work either way.

I'm getting a chuckle out of my future dating prospects in general.  A few years back I seriously dated a guy while he was finishing law school, studying for the bar, searching for a job, etc...and I watched his personality gradually morph until he was this wretched unbearable beast during bar review.  He's a great guy, but he was such a prick during that process that I swore loudly and publicly to NEVER date another law student or lawyer.  We're still pretty good friends, and he's having a field day with this one. 

I know exactly what you mean about the immature students, but seriously - you have to get over it...You will feel will out of touch with the young uns, but try not to be arrogant or paternal/maternal.  It won't help.

You're totally right.  But if we can't be arrogant and paternalistic here, then where?  We'll have to face harsh reality soon enough.