Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston University VS Boston College  (Read 3003 times)

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kare516
    • View Profile
Boston University VS Boston College
« on: August 02, 2004, 11:00:59 PM »
Which would you chooose?
Strengths/weaknesses of each school?

pepem

Re: Boston University VS Boston College
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:36:33 PM »
I want to know this too.  Chances are I'm not getting into either, but I want to apply to one of them. (3.3/162)

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 02:42:29 PM »
they keep sliding around in the rankings, right? i think BC was above BU for years and years and then they flipflopped recently. i know a lot about BC and virtually nothing about BU, but it could be a tough call i suppose.

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 03:36:52 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing... they're so closely ranked so what are the main differences?
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kare516
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 03:49:18 PM »
I want to apply to one of them, but I still can't decide which one.  ???

The only difference that sticks out to me: Boston University is more centrally located, while Boston College is a bit further away from it all.

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 03:54:36 PM »
if they're so similar, then you should apply to both and choose the one that gives the better financial aid package.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 03:55:43 PM »
this is the smartest thing stated yet on this thread...

man, maybe picnicing alone isnt all that bad.

if they're so similar, then you should apply to both and choose the one that gives the better financial aid package.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Ginatio

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:57:38 PM »
have you noticed how almost every thread on this board has at least one reference to either my picnicking alone, or your 3 inch penis? that's pretty hilarious

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 04:02:17 PM »
thats cuz theyre the two most hilarious things on this board...other than thechoson's face.

have you noticed how almost every thread on this board has at least one reference to either my picnicking alone, or your 3 inch penis? that's pretty hilarious

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

BAFF213

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:22:34 PM »
I live in a suburb of Boston and I have been contemplating the same question.  However, I will more than likely apply to both BU and BC in the end.  They are both excellent schools.  While it is true that BU has long trailed BC in the rankings, BU is known for its quality of teaching.  I think it is safe to say that they are both about equal, as far as rankings, although if you're interesting in intellectual property, BU has a "better" IP program.

For awhile, I was planning on only applying to BU, but now I am reconsidering.  BU is located more centrally in the city.  While this may sound appealing to others, it isn't to me.  I'd rather live outside of Boston than right in the middle of it (hoping the cost of living might be a little lower and the traffic not as bad, etc.).  Thus, I am starting to prefer BC.  On the other hand, BC is a Roman Catholic school and I am Jewish.  How much does this matter?  Probably not at all - but it's something to consider.  I am pretty sure I heard someone on this board mention that BC favors Catholics in the admissions process, but I highly doubt it.