Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone here thinks LSAT is easy?  (Read 22092 times)

athena_epoch

• View Profile
    • Email
anyone here thinks LSAT is easy?
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:33:53 PM »
just curious

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: anyone here thinks LSAT is easy?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:00:56 AM »
I don't find it uber easy, but it is not a test to stress over. With some practice and hard work a goo score is easily attainable.

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:10:41 AM »
Yeah, imagine the LSAT as like learning a sport. For almost everyone it's really hard to start out with, there are those few freaks that it comes natural to that you're jealous of. But with the right amount of practice (and as my old soccer coach used to say, practice makes permanent so make sure you do it right) you can become very good at it and you're able to anticipate what will come. It's not easy but you can at least walk out onto the field confident that you can handle most of what comes your way.

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:20:57 AM »
Let's just say that it gets easier...when I initally started, I would get maybe 8 correct in the games...when I do games now, I get most of them correct.

The same for Reading Comp...I get most of them correct now.

In Logical Reasoning...well, I still get about 1-3 incorrect per LR section...they always find a way to throw a curve-ball. :)

Overall, I end up with about 6 mistakes on the LSAT whereas I started at 30+ incorrect.

It does not get easy...you have to "stay on your toes" when taking the test no matter what.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

redemption

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:27:30 AM »
just curious

Yes.

Many more people find it easy than will admit it.

anise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 10:51:24 AM »
I thought it was easy. I still don't understand references to it being "tricky." I think it requires you to think quickly, but I thought it was straightforward enough. I can understand people needing to get used to it through practice, but I don't understand how it does not become fairly routine after a few practice tests. I know for a lot of people they just have test anxiety in general which I can appreciate would make the LSAT seem brutal because it does move quickly.

I'm glad I didn't have to take the MCAT and re-memorize piles of facts! :)

Bork

• Sr. Citizen
  • Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:01:36 AM »
Exactly how easy are we talking about here? Was it easy for you to score say a 165 or a 175? I'm going for 170 and i would def not describe this pursuit as an easy one. Making a grilled cheese? Now that's easy. Al Green? Hell yeah, he is easy like Sunday Morning. Polo Beach? That's as easy as Al Green eating a grilled cheese on Sunday morning. But figuring out where Hyperion's torso goes if Galaxon's legs are attached to IceAge's torso in a multiple element, undefined, unbalanced, underfunded Logic Game? Not easy for Bork. LMAO. ;D
"Any Major Dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend, any minor world that breaks apart falls together again. When the demon is at your door, in the morning it won't be there no more, Any Major Dude will tell

redemption

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »
Yeah. 176 is lowest for me. Median 180.

redemption

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 11:38:05 AM »
Games were kinda fun. The rest I found tedious. Do you like crosswords?

redemption

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
Games were kinda fun. The rest I found tedious. Do you like crosswords?

Games were definitely my favorite.

I love crosswords.  And Scrabble.

Dio you do cryptic crosswords, or just straight-up US newspaper ones?