Law School Discussion

anyone here thinks LSAT is easy?

Goodfella Aaron

Re: anyone here thinks LSAT is easy?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:31:12 AM »
Exactly how easy are we talking about here? Was it easy for you to score say a 165 or a 175? I'm going for 170 and i would def not describe this pursuit as an easy one. Making a grilled cheese? Now that's easy. Al Green? Hell yeah, he is easy like Sunday Morning. Polo Beach? That's as easy as Al Green eating a grilled cheese on Sunday morning. But figuring out where Hyperion's torso goes if Galaxon's legs are attached to IceAge's torso in a multiple element, undefined, unbalanced, underfunded Logic Game? Not easy for Bork. LMAO. ;D

Actually, it's Lionel Ritchie that's easy like Sunday morning. And I would liked some of the games, but I'm a sudoku addict so that is to be expected.

Harper

• works every time
    • AOL Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harperfan02138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 11:00:55 AM »
I'm probably in the minority in that I find the LR questions most interesting to do - each one is it's own little challenge.  I'm also trying to get over the hump in Logic Games - I'm using Sudoku as my inspiration.  When I started doing Sudoku, it confused the hell out of me, but once I got the hang of it, I became an addict.  Maybe by June I'll be doing advanced linear games for fun  :-\

Bork

• Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »
You're Right about Lionel Richie being easier than a grilled cheese. My brother likes Sodoku. He was working on a treasure hunt that had some Sodoku-like ciphers in it. I'm almost over the LG hump Harper, it feels pretty good. ALl about improving my speed now.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »
Exactly how easy are we talking about here? Was it easy for you to score say a 165 or a 175? I'm going for 170 and i would def not describe this pursuit as an easy one. Making a grilled cheese? Now that's easy. Al Green? Hell yeah, he is easy like Sunday Morning. Polo Beach? That's as easy as Al Green eating a grilled cheese on Sunday morning. But figuring out where Hyperion's torso goes if Galaxon's legs are attached to IceAge's torso in a multiple element, undefined, unbalanced, underfunded Logic Game? Not easy for Bork. LMAO. ;D

Heh, very funny. Al Green is the man. He may not have written "easy like Sunday morning" but his music definitely has that feel. Easy like a Sunday morning where you just sit back and make sweet sweet love to your old lady.

The LSATs are easy. I scored a 177, didn't sleep the night before. Probably would've gotten the 180 with a little rest...    :P  I didn't prep very much either--not compared to what posters on the LSAT board talk about doing.

I was just blessed with good genes, and I thank my parents for this every time I see them. 

Bork

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
Thats sweet! I wish i could pull that off. Gene/Environment interaction though. (Take home message from Behavioral Genetics)

Sooner

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 09:15:23 AM »
Yeah. 176 is lowest for me. Median 180.
How can you have a median of 180? Did an equal number of your practice scores fall above 180 as fell below 180?

Well, either way, congrats for being smarter than everyone else. You the *&^%.

redemption

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 09:34:16 AM »
Yeah. 176 is lowest for me. Median 180.
How can you have a median of 180? Did an equal number of your practice scores fall above 180 as fell below 180?

Median = above or equal to.

Diagnostic = 178; 9 practice tests after that 180 (also no wrong answers); real thing = 176.

It's not about being smart. The LSAT isn't tough enough to distinguish between who's smart and who isn't. I just paid attention to what I was reading and bubbling. I figured that it otherwise be would be a waste of time.

redemption

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 10:22:33 AM »
You figured you'd actually pay attention to what you were doing for this thing, huh? Wow...It's clear that you transcend normal standards of intelligence.

You are a riot. Is the LSAT tough enough to distinguish anything, then? What you are doing (and you know this) is making light of the toil that we apes invest as we struggle through prep to reach our scores. I don't appreciate that. The LSAT is so simple and intuitive...yet I and so many others lack the ability to follow the simple patterns. 

I figure that there has to be some value to being honest in answering the OP's question. Not trying to piss you off. You are still convinced - as is evident from your post - that the LSAT measures intelligence; it doesn't. It measures familiarity with English, with argument, and with the format of the LSAT itself. On test day, it also measures concentration, endurance, and - for some - one's ability to remain levelheaded under exam pressure. That's pretty much it.

Bork

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 11:36:50 AM »
lsat measure how good do on timed lsat. Eat your heart out Julie!!LOL

ivyhopeful

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »
I think I should have been an English major.

RC is far from easy.