Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chicago admit weekend!  (Read 2493 times)

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
chicago admit weekend!
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »
admit weekend is this saturday....

who will be there? i'm coming out from california, so we should all meet up at one of the "parties" or wine messes they're having.

jwilcox1024

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: chicago admit weekend!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:02:33 PM »
I will be there, and I am looking forward to it!
Goal: Penn, NYU, Duke, Michigan, Northwestern, Chicago
Pad Save: Columbia
Glove Save: Stanford

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jwilcox1024

photo1283

• View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers profile...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:08 PM »
I'll be there. Hate to say I've almost ruled it out, but looking to have a fun weekend nonetheless. I do love Chicago...

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 11:55:17 PM »
I'll be there too!  :)
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 04:04:37 AM »
I'll be there. Hate to say I've almost ruled it out, but looking to have a fun weekend nonetheless. I do love Chicago...

You don't have to come here, but if you enjoy your time at ASW, make sure when you're a Columbia 1L next year you don't tell all your prospective students that Chicago is some evil, scary, competitive place.

Or I will kill you.

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 04:22:28 AM »
we should all meet up at one of the "parties" or wine messes they're having.

Whatever kind of meet-up you decide to plan, you get time after the law firm reception to explore downtown on your own.  It would be good to have a group to stick together with, preferably one with a native Chicagoan who can direct you to the nearest bar.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 05:13:57 PM »
we should all meet up at one of the "parties" or wine messes they're having.

Whatever kind of meet-up you decide to plan, you get time after the law firm reception to explore downtown on your own.  It would be good to have a group to stick together with, preferably one with a native Chicagoan who can direct you to the nearest bar.

sweet...i've never been to chicago before so i'll definitely need someone to let me know where to go. i probably won't make it to the events until the dinner at 7 on saturday; looking forward to meeting everyone there!

azdezza

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »
I'll be attending as well, though only on Sunday since Saturday is the "Day at Northwestern."  I'm looking forward to comparing the two schools.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 05:52:53 PM »
I'll be attending as well, though only on Sunday since Saturday is the "Day at Northwestern."  I'm looking forward to comparing the two schools.

looks like you have some good choices ahead of you...i'll probably end up at chicago unless stanford feels generous (since i'm still waiting on a likely waitlist or rejection). we should all meet up at the dessert/cocktails thingy if we get bored.

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »

looks like you have some good choices ahead of you...i'll probably end up at chicago unless stanford feels generous (since i'm still waiting on a likely waitlist or rejection). we should all meet up at the dessert/cocktails thingy if we get bored.

I haven't found out yet whether students are invited to the Saturday night activities.  If they are, I'll be there.  The original schedule said dinner and meet-up with student hosts, the new one doesn't have it, so I don't know if something has changed or what.