I'm female and DONT want kids
50 (24.3%)
unsure
25 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Anyone planning on NEVER having kids???

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: Anyone planning on NEVER having kids???
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »
I'm just shy of 24 and plan on never giving birth. My mom told me that even as a kid I claimed to never want to have a baby. In March I'm going to become a god-mother and think this is the way to go. Just inherit other peoples' children. In reality, I have decided that if I change my mind and want to raise a child, I will adopt.

(p.s. oldest of 6, have a 3-year-old sister)

i love you.    :-*

haha, thanks!
it's my hot ass, isn't it? it's always the booty...

;D

« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »
I'm 26 and my wife is 25 and we have already made the decision we are never having children. I am starting 1L in the fall and she is starting Vet school. Neither of us see much point to putting all this effort into our education to then throw kids into the mix before our careers have really started. Not to mention neither of us are really fond of children so it was really a hard decision  ;D

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »
We're 28 and 35, and we're not 100% commited to not having kids, but I'd say there's a greater than 50% chance that we won't.  The day-to-day kids stuff is really unappealing to us.  I would, however, like to take a kid to Disney World, but I can borrow my niece and nephew for that.

As a woman, though... I know there's a good chance I'll outlive my husband.  I think women get a worse deal than men when they don't have kids.  We don't know who will be around to take care of us when we're old. :(

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
As a woman, though... I know there's a good chance I'll outlive my husband.  I think women get a worse deal than men when they don't have kids.  We don't know who will be around to take care of us when we're old. :(

Of course, many people don't do much in the way of taking care of their elderly parents anyway.  So maybe the best bet is to take all of the money that would have been spent on kids and put it in a cushy retirement fund or long-term-care plan.

But then again, I'm just a child-free cynic.

Cindy

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2006, 04:33:07 PM »

Of course, many people don't do much in the way of taking care of their elderly parents anyway.  So maybe the best bet is to take all of the money that would have been spent on kids and put it in a cushy retirement fund or long-term-care plan.

But then again, I'm just a child-free cynic.

This is a great plan!

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »
Interesting question.  I imagine motherhood to be a tremendous responsibility...and a huge blessing!  I can think of no greater honor than bringing a new life into the world and then stewarding, nurturing, and protecting it with an unrivaled love.  I can't wait to be a mommy! But first, I've got to find the right husband and father!  ;D

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »
What really bugs me is my boyfriend talks about how we have to have kids someday, blah blah blah but he hates being around my sister's kids, and he's even said to me once that people who have kids all seem to be miserable.  Makes no sense to me.

I see your point.  I have also had the privilege of watching some pretty amazing couples and parents in action!   The number one thing I've learned is that childrearing is a selfless act.  Most people who are "miserable" as parents, or as spouses for that matter, are simply those who have not yet understood that placing another's needs ABOVE your own is critical to any truly loving, fulfilling relationship.  To be blunt, most people are too selfish to truly live this way.  Yet when people view relationships as opportunities to love and serve another -- rather than having someone else meet your needs -- then, the relationships become less of a burden and more of the blessings they were always intended to be.

rugercaptain

• Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
hehehe

twins-

girl born at 11.58 dec 31
boy born 12 am, jan 1

she is going to hold that over him FOREVER!

« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2007, 07:57:03 AM »
Why do parents feel compelled to kill themselves so their kids can attend undergraduate college? Why can't kids earn good grades in school and apply for scholarships or loans?

Your child's college education should not be your burden especially when there are ways for them to take care of it themselves.

Besides, they will work harder and appreciate it more.