45 (21.8%)
I'm male and DONTwant kids
 35 (17%)
I'm female and DONT want kids
 50 (24.3%)
unsure
 25 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Author Topic: Anyone planning on NEVER having kids???  (Read 27432 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone planning on NEVER having kids???
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:55:46 PM »
This BETTER NOT be true...otherwise some doctor is going to get an earful from me when my fiance finally decides to have it done in a few years.  If you've thougth it out, and have decided you don't want a screaming pooping machine that will do nothing but suck the life and cash out of you for 18+ years, the doctor damn well better respect your decision!  >:(

They (doctors) absolutely will not snip if you don't have kids already.
It's bizarre, and more than a little annoying...

I *do* plan on having kids, but MUCH, MUCH later in my life than the overwhelming majority of my peers have...Something about being away from your family makes em' anxious to start their own as soon as possible with whomever will oblige them.

Besides, kids are sticky, and they wouldn't match any of my sweet parkas.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 11:06:40 PM »
i have been telling my friends all year that i would much rather have a boat than a kid. U can do so much with your  life if your 27 have a great job and no kids holding u back. i just want to be able to take a few weeks off work during the summer, go out on my boat. lay on my hammock and drink a corona while listening to my ipod. man what a life.
Attending: OU

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 08:11:40 AM »
I have a freind, she has a brat(3 actually, ones a baby) and she has NO life.

She cant do anything.

She hasnt even really left the house in months.

and then she tries to persuade how great it is?!?!?!?!
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

jashdey

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 07:14:10 PM »
This BETTER NOT be true...otherwise some doctor is going to get an earful from me when my fiance finally decides to have it done in a few years.

It's not true.  Depending on your age, you may find resistance and have to shop around for a doctor, but they are out there.  Planned Parenthood can often make referrals to doctors if needed.

For the guys out there looking for CF (childfree) women - they are SO out there.  You're just hanging out in the wrong places. ;)

For anyone interested, there's a great mailing list that dicusses this topic (and many many others) at www.childfree.net.

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
I have a freind, she has a brat(3 actually, ones a baby) and she has NO life.

She cant do anything.

She hasnt even really left the house in months.

and then she tries to persuade how great it is?!?!?!?!

A sports columnist that I read was covering the Super Bowl in Houston and was talking about how many kids were at the "NFL Experience, and your post reminded me of what he wrote:

Did you ever want to have kids? Well, don't attend the NFL Experience. At about the 45-minute mark -- after the 20th time somebody rolls their baby stroller into the side of your leg (and doesn't even think to apologize), or a little boy sprints directly into your crotch at full speed -- you feel the soul start to leak from your body.

Here's the deal with kids: When you get married, your other friends who have kids tell you, "It's great, you have to do it, it's the best experience you'll ever have!"

And then they spend the next 15 minutes telling you how they don't sleep, they get up three times a night, their kids keep getting them sick, they haven't left the house in three months, they stink like diapers, they can't find a good babysitter, they never have sex, and they don't have time to watch TV, follow sports, play sports, go to the movies or basically do anything at all. Really, it sounds fantastic!

I have a theory on this: I think 90 percent of parents can't believe how miserable they are, so they make a secret pact and try to get everyone else to have kids, just so everyone else is in the same boat and they don't have to hear stories about four-course dinners, Vegas trips, romantic getaway weekends and everything else. They're like Jim Jones in Guyana -- "Drink the Kool-Aid, seriously, it's phenomenal! You have to try this!"

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »
They're like Jim Jones in Guyana -- "Drink the Kool-Aid, seriously, it's phenomenal! You have to try this!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  I think this is the funniest thing I have read ALL day!  Thank you.
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 11:18:59 PM »
yep, i think its a big scam.

she told me that after she had the last baby, she and her hubby havent had sex.

and the baby is 2!!!!!

:o

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 01:47:08 PM »
just saw a lady at Wendy's with 4 brats with her.

bwuhahahahahahaha

she was so flustered!!!

yeah, thats the life I want!!

not!!!!!

check01

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 04:22:31 AM »
This BETTER NOT be true...otherwise some doctor is going to get an earful from me when my fiance finally decides to have it done in a few years.  If you've thougth it out, and have decided you don't want a screaming pooping machine that will do nothing but suck the life and cash out of you for 18+ years, the doctor damn well better respect your decision!  >:(

Ha ha, I love this.  "I'm 100% certain that I'm not going to have kids, sperm leaving my body can cause nothing but trouble, so in a few years or so I'm finally going to decide to do something about it."  If only everyone could be that decisive and action-oriented.

For many years I was in the "no kids ever" camp and finally came around to the "OK, just one" camp. I also believed that parents were a cult trying to suck others into their vortex of misery so they could justify their bad decisions. I see now how stupid that was.

I have no problem with people who don't want to have kids. Personally, I think the world would be a better place if our species went extinct. But listening to childless people rant and rave about how horrible it is to be a parent is a little like listening to a virgin rant and rave about how horrible it is to have sex: "Eew, it's messy and smelly and noisy and embarassing and dangerous! Disgusting! And eventually it leads to anger and hurt feelings and ruined friendships!"

I tell ranting childless people the same thing I would tell that virgin: Since so many people are doing it, can you wrap your head around the possibility that there might be an upside to it?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 07:52:56 AM »
Well, the fact that I'm 24 and he's 27 means that we can't do it now anyway.  I'm fairly certain most doctors would counsel that "that's too young."  We're getting married next year, so we'll wait a few years after that, probably sometime after I turn 30.

And while it's great that you changed your mind, not everyone does.  You should respect that.  ;)