Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HOW THE HELL???  (Read 5806 times)

mfost

• View Profile
Re: HOW THE HELL???
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
No. Burger received his LL.B. from William Mitchell then called St. Paul College of Law in 1931.

bboyspekz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, that is me in Union Sq, NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:44:28 PM »
vsavatar,
This may very well be the scenario that has more recently been addressed on this forum...
I forget the specific name used to refer to this technique however it is know that if a law school finds out somehow that you were accepted to a much better ranked school before they have decided your admission, they will sometimes deny you because there is great doubt u would choose them instead therefore allowing them to accept someone else who would more likely take the seat without hesitation.
They can do this by looking at ur LSN, which has been admitted by some adcomms, making phone calls to other law schools you applied to...etc..

Pamela

• MSN Messenger - pronback@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
I got dinged by University of Detroit Mercy, a very low-ranked tier 4 school, after getting accepted by MSU, a high ranked tier 3 school.  HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSSIBLE???  Granted, I would have chosen MSU over U of D anyway, but it's a major blow to my pride.  My numbers were way above even the 75 percentile at that school  It was purely a safety school for me.  WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH HAPPENED?  I wonder if my "unfortunate" separation from the Air Force had something to do with it, but they got the same addendum for that, that MSU did and MSU didn't even hesitate to accept me.  I got an answer the day after my file went complete.  This kind of shakes my confidence about what Wayne, my first choice is going to do.

Actually, we (I'm at MSU) are actually ranked tier 4, as well.
Applied: Valpo
Accepted: Baylor, Akron (Full Tuition), Michigan State (Full Tuition and laptop), Ohio Northern ($22,500/year), Toledo (Full Tuition), Wayne State (Full Tuition), Hamline (Full Tuition), Loyola New Orleans ($20,000/year)
3.82/159
Attending: MSU

tired3L

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 09:55:08 PM »
You look like a "white guy."

Maybe they already had that block filled?

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calvintomyhobbes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 02:16:57 AM »
maybe they're trying to up their acceptance stats?