;

Author Topic: Penn!  (Read 3324 times)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: Penn!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 10:55:02 PM »
Was deferred EA (wrote Why Penn Essay).  Just got my rejection letter today.  What a bunch of fags.  I got into Columbia and NYU, so I'm thinking yield protection.

YP!?!?

Penn??? NEVER

Careful Googler, I said they YPed me, and I got at least 5 ppl responding on my LSN that "I was wrong," "I was being arrogant," etc
HLS '09

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 11:21:31 PM »
Was deferred EA (wrote Why Penn Essay).  Just got my rejection letter today.  What a bunch of fags.  I got into Columbia and NYU, so I'm thinking yield protection.

YP!?!?

Penn??? NEVER

Careful Googler, I said they YPed me, and I got at least 5 ppl responding on my LSN that "I was wrong," "I was being arrogant," etc

I wouldn't put much stock into anything an anonymous poster writes on your profile.  In any case, my cycle has turned out really weird.  I was in the first batch of acceptances at Georgetown, UVA, NYU, and Columbia, in one of the first batches of rejections at Harvard, deferred at Penn and Chicago.  Who knows?

I agree its all a big crapshoot.  I was in the first batch of acceptances for Michigan, UVA, NYU, and Cornell.  I have the second highest (last I checked anyway) scholarship from NYU on LSN (a few ppl have ~97k), and yet I got waitlisted at Chicago, and rejected at Penn...why?  Who the hell knows...
HLS '09

bluesmoke

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 03:33:42 PM »
Rejected at Penn today via snail mail  :(

RickBlaine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 08:18:49 AM »

The same thing happened to me last year, 4.0/178.

BFC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »
Def--->DING! on april 20.  Slobbered all over PEnn in essays, follow ups, etc.  To be honest, I was suprised I made it as long as I did.