Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tell me what you think....  (Read 310 times)

divotjr

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sundvl2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tell me what you think....
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »
Im pretty sure of what im gunna do, but why not ask all the smart people on LSD. So my choices are....

1. Stay at the FTC because i have been given the opportunity to co-author a paper in international anti-trust (what kind of advantage do schools give you if you are published?), study harder and take the LSAT again, re-apply next cycle.

OR

2. Take the money that Case Western has given me and get on with my law school education.

What would you do????
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=divotjr
WIN: THE OSU($$),Akron($$$$),Case($$$)
LOSS: BC, Gtown
No Decision:
GPA:3.51
LSAT:163

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me what you think....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 02:37:46 PM »
Publication can help, no doubt.  If you combine publication with a higher LSAT score, you'd probably be looking at a whole new set of schools.  Depends on what you're looking for; depends on what you want to do with a law degree.  I think most people would recommend that you wait til next year... study and retake the LSAT... co-author the prestigious paper... and then go to LS.

THE Ohio State University my ass. WTF.  Those OSU people and their THE.

divotjr

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »
Publication can help, no doubt.  If you combine publication with a higher LSAT score, you'd probably be looking at a whole new set of schools.  Depends on what you're looking for; depends on what you want to do with a law degree.  I think most people would recommend that you wait til next year... study and retake the LSAT... co-author the prestigious paper... and then go to LS.

THE Ohio State University my ass. WTF.  Those OSU people and their THE.

Those are pretty much my thoughts on the subject as well. I was thinking about taking a LSAT class or something to get my score up. Last time i took the lsat it was on a whim and i hadnt really studied at all. Im pretty sure i could get my score up substantially. Anyway, thanks for the help/confirmation of what i was thinking. Oh, and because you mentioned it, i want to go into anti-trust or M&A law (not sure if i want to do gov't or private though).
No Decision:

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »
Seems like a risk to retake the LSAT. You may not do a lot better than you did the first time. And unless you do a lot better, I don't think it would help all that much.

If you like Case, then you should go to Case now. No point in making yourself a better law school applicant if you're in at a school that you'd be happy going to.

divotjr

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »
Seems like a risk to retake the LSAT. You may not do a lot better than you did the first time. And unless you do a lot better, I don't think it would help all that much.

If you like Case, then you should go to Case now. No point in making yourself a better law school applicant if you're in at a school that you'd be happy going to.

Im pretty sure i could do a lot better on the LSAT. Like i said, my first score was almost like taking it blind. I did like 2 practice tests to see if i could do "good enough", which was admittedly stupid. And its not that I wouldnt be happy at Case, but i would be happier at a T14.
No Decision: