Law School Discussion

Poll

Which is worse, a serious poster begging other applicants to withdraw, or a not too serious troll?

Serious withdraw beggar
Playful troll

Which is worse?

George JeffersonČ

• Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
Which is worse?
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »
I can't stand withdraw beggars.  >:(

I understand that it is courteous to withdraw applications in a timely fashion, but do we need application police patrolling the boards?

check01

Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »
Playful trolls can be fun. Like Garkunkle. I was sorry I had to ban him; his schtick ran out and become a major ass to everyone. Sad times.

Oh my god!  You banned Gark!  YOU BASTARD!

Actually, I thought he was funniest when he was posting seriously -- that dude was insane.

As for withdraw beggars, they've had an effect on me.  I considered the possibility of expressing continued interest in my waitlist schools, even though I wasn't interested, just to see if I could flip them to admit.  But I realize from reading here that such ego stroking is selfish and harmful to other people, so I withdrew.

pass36

• But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »
Hey George J -- OK this is totally off topic, but what's up with your boy Shermie H. on "the surreal life."  The poor dude seems like he is wasted on 'ludes 24/7????

New Man

• Sunshines through my window
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 11:48:26 PM »
dude, people who are always begging for people to withdraw get on my LAST NERVES!!

pass36

• But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 12:18:17 AM »
Actually, wasted on 'ludes or not, he comes off much better than the other idiots on the show, at least for the five or ten minutes I watched flipping channels tonight. 

SCgrad

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 01:29:09 AM »
the beggers are just really anxious people really trying to get into law school and perhaps are seeing their dreams slip away.  trolls don't have an effect of me.

cyberrev

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 07:26:33 AM »
Hey George J -- OK this is totally off topic, but what's up with your boy Shermie H. on "the surreal life."  The poor dude seems like he is wasted on 'ludes 24/7????

no *&^%!  but then, theyd have to give me some kind of chemical incentive to go on that show anyways

redemption

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 09:58:34 AM »
Begging is undignified.

D.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 11:39:45 AM »
On the other hand, being a male private part is very dignified.

Hell yeah it is.