Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern - Ding-a LINGS  (Read 1852 times)

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Southwestern - Ding-a LINGS
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
Oy!
 ::)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

flydog

Re: Southwestern - Ding-a LINGS
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 07:39:08 PM »
Im expecting the same. Their site says letter sent Monday 21st and after 5 days the post office hasnt been able to move it 380 miles.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:23:15 PM »
Congrats on Whittier Flydog - despite them being on probation, they have some amazingly great professors... on par with the Ivy Leagues.  Not kidding.  Their probation definitely has nothing to do with the teaching.  8)
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

flydog

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »
Ya its official.Denied at Southwestern. Interesting how one Tier 4 can offer 30k a year and another one down the road can flat out reject you

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:03 PM »
I heard somewhere that Southwestern tends to favor locals more than out of state applicants, considering locals are more likely to attend.  Who knows how that plays a role.    But sorry about the ding flydog, that makes me really nervous about chapman and southwestern. my numbers arent much different than yours

flydog

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 07:14:08 PM »
I got shot down at Chapman too. So far i am 2 for 2 at Tier 2 schools and 2 for 5 at Tier 4. Weird stuff.

ts369697

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »
anyone heard from swestern lately? i just got moved to the "final decision has been sent on 4/24" status on the admission checker and was wondering if anyone else got the same. Has there been a rash of accepts or denials lately?

grendel20

• imma boy.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calvintomyhobbes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:59:25 PM »
anyone heard from swestern lately? i just got moved to the "final decision has been sent on 4/24" status on the admission checker and was wondering if anyone else got the same. Has there been a rash of accepts or denials lately?

Yeah, they sent out to me on 4/27, and I got the letter yesterday.  Actually got in too.