Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what's up with Case Western Reserve Law School  (Read 1095 times)

aquafinaisbetter

what's up with Case Western Reserve Law School
« on: March 23, 2006, 09:29:58 PM »
I don't plan on going but what's the deal.....v. taking forever

BrownsFan

• View Profile
Re: what's up with Case Western Reserve Law School
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:44:41 PM »
Maybe they know you don't plan on going there.   ;D

Autumn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »
I'm wondering about this too.

I sent my application to them in November and I haven't heard anything from them except their news bulletin emails and brochures.

mae8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »
A 166 with no connections to the area means you almost certianly arent going to be attending. They responded to my app very quickly and have been pretty aggressive in recruiting me (in a very positive way).
Emory '09

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »
I received my acceptance about two weeks ago and a professor called me last week to "check in". I'm an alumna so they're recruiting pretty hard on my end as well. However, if you have an interest in Health Law or Medical applications I wouldn't be too quick to write it off. The law school has put a lot of money and energy into beefing up their reputation in the past few years and Cleveland isn't a half bad city (I say this from Chicago, knowing I'm moving to Iowa and wondering if I haven't lost my mind!)

With a 166 and a ND acceptance of course you're not considering Case. As a 165 sitting on the ND waitlist I envy you :)

john83

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »
same with me. been waiting way too long. i guess they know i'm not likely to attend-- but what if i want to attend? are they really wanting to not give me that option because they don't "think" i'm likely to attend?

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
I haven't heard from them either, I was told it takes 4-6 weeks. I sent it in late Feb--so they are coming up on the deadline soon.
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:09:37 PM »
Case takes a long time.  I didn't hear from them until June last cycle I think.  I am not sure why, but they do take a while. 

If you really are interested in the school, you wouldn't mind waiting.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
I wasn't trying to be "unfair" about it.  I apologize.  Have you called the school and sent in an extra LOR or done any application updates?  Tell them that you are willing to reject other schools late to go there.  I think they are trying to weed out those that will say no from those that will say "YES!"

Try letting them know how much you love them, and they should reciprocate!

I really like Case Western, and I feel it will continue to move up in the rankings.  I hope you get in there!

john83

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
Here's what bothers me: doesn't just the act of applying indicate interest in the school?  Isn't it therefore super sketchy for schools to reject qualified applicants simply because they suspect those applicants will go somewhere higher ranked?  Why would people apply somewhere if they have no interest in going there?

agreed