Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers Newark (serious $$$$) or Cardozo ($$$$)  (Read 2629 times)

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers Newark (serious $$$$) or Cardozo ($$$$)
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »
Edit.  I got my frustration out.  Good.

mentalpatient

• Sr. Citizen
  • WUCL 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 11:18:16 PM »
That Paddy guy makes it sound like people don't even have the right to question or doubt something unusual such as his admission to dozo unless he was an URM, which no one knew but questioned until he admitted it.  Geez this ain't some kind of paid prelaw conselling program.  But even if it was, you won't always hear exactly what you wanna hear with your numbers.  

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 12:33:49 AM »
40+ responses: probably about 6 to address the original topic and 30+ to "put that uppity n*gg*r in his place".  And people wonder why a Black Law School Discussion Board exists... ::)

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 02:01:55 AM »
HAHAHA. OK, I know I promised not to post here again since it is pointless, but I just need to satisfy my own innate urge for revenge. I messaged jaycoot to point out that he's the one trying to drag racist terminology into this & that it is pretty clear that he's one of those pathetic people that gets off by playing the role of the victim. As such, everyone in his world is a racist.

So, of course we insulted each other & carried on with some other productive convo...So, then he sent me a message & promptly blocked me so that he could feel a delusional sense of satisfaction. As such, I guess I'll post the snippets from his argument here & respond to them for all to see....

"it should be about helping this kid figure out where to go to college." I don't care where he goes. Based on his GPA, LSAT, and moronic comments, he doesn't stand a chance against the other Rutgers students. Furthermore, I don't care about the purpose of his thread. Feel free to consider it officially hijacked, if that is your terminology of choice.

"shouldn't be about race at all" however you are the one dropping the N word & claiming that we are the reason it is crucial to have a board just for blacks.

"because you and and bunch of low-achieving asses are bitter about your own shortcomings" my numbers destroy his & I currently go to a comparable school (BLS) on the highest MERIT-based scholarship they offer (although not a full scholarship b/c  they don't give full scholarships based on MERIT).

"if this is an indication of your communication skills, you're soon to be a piss-poor lawyer," I'm in the top 10% of my class and have a summer internship with a federal judge.

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 02:14:02 AM »
Well for the sake of integrity, here's the whole discussion:

Ah so you're one of those people that loves to play the role of the victim & say 'shame on you' to the whole world out of your own fear of inadequacy. That explains a lot. So, I guess everyone is discriminating against you all of the time, huh?

That would make sense if I had EVER complained of being victimized at all.  I haven't said one bit about any personal discrimination, I'm just being reasonable.  I understand that concept is difficult to grasp, thus this ridiculously misguided message.  Nice try though, cool guy!  Enjoy your lame existence.

Hahahaha. You tried to drop the N word where it was never even implicit in posts. You inferred racism so that you could state that we are all the reason why a black students board is necessary. You just want this to all be about the black man vs. the white man. It's a lame and pathetic battle that no one in the greater society takes seriously. Get a grip and be a normal college kid, you shitdick.

Race was needlessly injected into the conversation by the respondents such as yourself, not by me or the OP. 

You are clearly slow.  My whole point was that it shouldn't be about race at all, it should be about helping this kid figure out where to go to college.  Instead it turns to this bullsh*t just because you and and bunch of low-achieving asses are bitter about your own shortcomings.  I didn't even have any idea he was an URM until later in the discussion.  College kid?  You have no clue.  You're a complete joke and if this is an indication of your communication skills, you're soon to be a piss-poor lawyer.

Goodnight! :)

As to why I blocked you, it's because I hate being PMed with BS as if I give half a sh*t about you on a personal level.  Keep your grievances public, since the thread's already destroyed anyway.

Congratulations on your achievements.  For some reason I'm not the least bit envious.... ::)

PaddyWack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »
All in all, I'm glad this thread happened.  I've learned a potentially invaluable lesson.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2006, 10:09:11 AM »
All in all, I'm glad this thread happened.  I've learned a potentially invaluable lesson.

I thought you were done, man.   ::)

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 10:36:35 AM »
Jayscoot....this is just a thread gone crazy!  It sad that most of these people are going to be classmates next year.  Some of which are going to be pissed off b/c they didn't get a package like the OP.  Let's get back to the original reason why this thread was started. 

Go to Rutgers man....no debt!
Damn...it's the third year already!!

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 10:53:14 AM »
Lessons learned in this thread.

1. Go to Rutgers.

2. DO NOT TELL PEOPLE YOUR NUMBERS!! No matter what they are, if you are a URM they will never be good enough. If you had a 3.4/168 or a 4.0/180 ppl would be giving you the same garbage. BELIEVE ME.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2006, 10:56:13 AM »
Lessons learned in this thread.

1. Go to Rutgers.

2. DO NOT TELL PEOPLE YOUR NUMBERS!! No matter what they are, if you are a URM they will never be good enough. If you had a 3.4/168 or a 4.0/180 ppl would be giving you the same garbage. BELIEVE ME.

Or, 2) Just disclose all pertinent info from the door so folks can better help you make your decision.

That would help.

I'd also add 3) Avoid being a conceited a-hole unless you're looking to get crucified.