4 (21.1%)
I tell myself its my only hope but even then... I'm screwed
 2 (10.5%)
I'm smarter than Robin
 4 (21.1%)
I believe in sticking to the well-worn path walked millions of times before me
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: why the LSAT  (Read 1695 times)

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: why the LSAT
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 05:49:46 PM »
I should've stuck to commenting on the post and not the person.  Which fallacy is that kids??  Ad Hominem: 
Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

I apologize for calling our friend an idiot. 
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

lsacko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 05:56:46 PM »
No harm done, I think we're all just a bit stressed out with law school stuff....everyone just needs to go have some beers tonight I say!

societatmalehabitus

• Sr. Citizen
  • what am I supposed to do with all my good ideas?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 06:20:45 PM »
I'm not irritated, nor have a problem with performance on these standardized tests, or "toeing a party line", I just thought this post was f-ing stupid.  Why the LSAT??  What do you mean??  People "have to" take the test if they want to go to law school.  Otherwise they don't "have to", and if your grades didn't suck, you would still have to take the test, right??  Infact, even with good grades, you would have to do pretty good on the test to get into a T14.   "I believe in sticking to the well-worn path walked millions of times before me"  what the @#!* are you talking about, the million man march??  Like i said, I don't get the purpose of this poll, if it's a joke, i don't get it, and if you're trying to be serious, I don't get it. Jitters??  This isn't the pole vaulting competition at the olympics.    
The point I was trying to make was that there is undeniably very little individual sovereignty in the law school process, no other choices to display your aptitude, knowledge, or propensity for success.  I feel its a very dehumanizing process as a whole if you haven't found your own individuality prior to it.  It is a stimulus and we respond; generally, we try to respond in such a way that looks favorable to those initiating the stimulus on us-I think of Pavlov's dog.  Granted, the fundamental difference between those stimulus experiments and us is choice; limited choice, but it is a choice.  Some people feel empowered bc of that choice, others feel apathy, some make it a game, and others feel hopeless either way but continue on because they have no other ideas.
Yes, this was a pedantic poll focusing more on my diatribic tendencies that serving a sole function; enjoy it for what it is.  I neither said anything calumny, derrogatory, or otherwise negative in nature...while possibly naive in content and presentation, your display of agitation I feel is unwarranted.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."

Bork

• Sr. Citizen
  • Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
Well Done Zoli. That was cool that you aplogized. Don't let posts irritate you to the point of hostility towards other members. This forum should be about support. That is why I like Vera so much.
"Any Major Dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend, any minor world that breaks apart falls together again. When the demon is at your door, in the morning it won't be there no more, Any Major Dude will tell

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »
do someone need hug?

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 07:06:54 PM »
i do
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

societatmalehabitus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 08:36:31 PM »
Everyone needs hugs, but mostly I need to finish this paper on individualism; its got my head in turmoil.  Damn the soc. major!!!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »
just write what everyone else writes.

societatmalehabitus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 01:00:06 AM »
just write what everyone else writes.
My paper or the LSAT?  Specifics Julie, I need specifics.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »
julie's paper or lsat?  specifics, julie, you need specifics.

see how it done?