this seems a bit silly...

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
this seems a bit silly...
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »
got an email from Suffolk today asking for my dean's certification...fine, no problem...then i was thinking a bit, as i tend to do that from time to time, and realized how stupid this is...i graduated last may, isn't my degree proof enough of my "good standing"???  so i sent an email back just now asking this same question...is it me or does this seem kinda retarded to anyone else?

cyberrev

Re: this seems a bit silly...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:04:21 AM »
got an email from Suffolk today asking for my dean's certification...fine, no problem...then i was thinking a bit, as i tend to do that from time to time, and realized how stupid this is...i graduated last may, isn't my degree proof enough of my "good standing"???  so i sent an email back just now asking this same question...is it me or does this seem kinda retarded to anyone else?

cornell asked me for the same thing.  i was like 'hey, look at my masters transcript, doesnt that kinda prove i finished undergrad?'

duh.  maybe ifaked them both.  if i did i would have gotten a much higher gpa

Achilles

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 07:13:27 AM »
the dean's certification is not used so much for graduation status as it is for finding out whether you are in good academic standing. It is also used to see if you have had academic probations, reprimands, problems etc. which would not necessarily show up on your transcript.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:33:57 AM »
Not everyone graduated a while ago.  Some are straight from ug.  Just asking everyone for it makes it easier than making some and not others.  They usu tell you this somewhere in the app, so it shouldnt be too much of a surprise when they ask you forr it.

Tho yea, it is pretty silly imo.

oldhat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 09:45:32 AM »
It's not to prove you graduated, it's to make sure you're not a plagarist or a drunk.