Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at U of Washington!  (Read 1335 times)

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
In at U of Washington!
« on: March 22, 2006, 11:43:24 PM »
Holy Crap, I am excited.  This was probably the last of the 5 schools I've yet to hear from that I am super interested in (besides the Minn deferral).  Man, it makes decision time difficult though. I hope to get out there to visit ASAP!

I found out via e-mail.  very short e-mail just letting me know I was accepted and that there is a letter to follow.  Was sent at around 7pm Central time, 3/22.

Sorry if there is an old thread on UW, thought I would start a new one cause I couldn't find anything a few pages back....Good luck to eevryone else watiing, guess this means the decisions will start rolling in.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

cayberr

Re: In at U of Washington!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 03:14:56 AM »
Congrats!!! 

I kick myself almost every day for missing the UW deadline.  I didn't send in my applications until Jan, and by the time I decided to apply to UW it was Jan 13.  Getting a dean's cert on a Friday afternoon and having it arrive by Sunday?  Ha!  Dean's cert screwed my procrastinating snowball's chance.

Sending good vibes to UofM for you.

apologist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 08:37:37 AM »
Congrats.  I called yesterday to check up on my file and the lady told me that they were making all their decisions by the end of this week and that letters were going out on Saturday.  Considering that you received an email, this probably doesn't bode well for my chances.

letitbe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »
Wow, congrats.  I'm very jealous.  I, like apologist, received no blessed email.  Did you by any chance let them know that you needed to find out soon because of impending deposit deadlines? 

phooey

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:58:58 AM »
Conrats to you! 

I will be thankful to hear the news finally, regardless of what it is.  Hopefully, they're not through with those emails yet.  ;)

phooey

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
Hey Letitbe, this is from one of stuje1's posts over on the denials board..

"I spoke with someone on the phone last week (I broke down and called because I wanted to set up a visit). She was very quick with a response once I gave her my info (So either has a computer to type it into or had a list).  She told me my app was in the final phase, and a decision would be made the week of the 27th.  I asked if could call back then to find out a decision since it was close to deposit deadlines...she paused and seemed hesitant.   She told me that they would likely e-mail decisions at that point since it would be so late.  Not sure if they would only e-mail acceptances or rejections as well (or if they really will do that at all, might have just been trying to get me off her back)."

letitbe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »
Well, that's a little more encouraging.  I thought I had read that post somewhere, but I couldn't remember if I was just imagining it. 

I guess I'll keep the faith for a little while longer.   

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »
Hey Everyone, thanks for the kind words!

You might be right on about my e-mail being an exception rather than the rule.   As Phooey pointed out, I had called last week and asked if a decision was coming soon because I wanted to go out and visit the school before the deposit deadlines (One of my top choices, Inidiana, has a "binding" decision due on 4/1...I don't really understand how it can be binding, but supposedly because iof the scholarship money, it is). 

Anyway, it is possible that they specifically e-mailed me because I had called and that they  are actually mailing (not e-mailing) out all the acceptances/rejections/waitlists.   The e-mail I got was very short (3 lines), so that tends to support the idea that it wasn't an official e-mail that they had constructed to send out to a bunch of people.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!   Let me know how it goes.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

letitbe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »
Thanks for all the info Stuje.  Best of luck with your decision.

Illusion18

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »
I got an email from UW also today.  I was complete in November and just got the news.  Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!  UW is a great school.